• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

tetonfrog

@An-Cap Frog - Yeah, well if the On3 Portal Transfer info on Seals is correct, then I guess he's the (suitable) backup to Hoov.
Seals could challenge and push Hoover as well. If he does play - even with our OL struggles - Seals will get better protection and throw to faster WRs here than he did at Vandy. And Seals should find it easier to throw against SMU, UH and Baylor rather than Bama, Georgia and Tennessee. No disrespect to Hoover, but if you can't beat him out, then you are not an NFL QB. And then a TCU degree would be a beneficial down the road.

CryptoMiner

Auburn signs former Cal QB Sam Jackson V as a WR

www.msn.com.ico
al.com on MSN.com|7 hours ago
In a fascinating late Wednesday night addition, Auburn announced the signing of former Cal quarterback Sam Jackson V as a wide receiver out of the transfer portal. Jackson faced Auburn in the second game of the 2023 season and threw for 129 yards and two interceptions against Auburn's defense in Berkeley. Auburn won the game 14-10 on Sept. 9.
a position he refused at TCU

82 Frog Fever

he is coming to TCU ( according to dad)
I say bring him on!!
Seals had a 130 passer rating this year, which is a little under the ranking’s median. Hoover was a little better. Slightly over the 133.5 median, but he could easily improve by not forcing some of his throws.
When you take into account that 50% of Seals’ passes were thrown against top 20 teams with a huge talent advantage, he might be ready to put up some improved stats with a better supporting cast.

82 Frog Fever

I think we/Briles need/want a dual threat QB. And I think Hejny is the only one on the roster who poses that run threat. That's why I'd like a bridge like Jefferson. I like Hoov. But I don't think the D has to respect his run. Maybe I'm wrong.
Nope, not wrong!
Every decision is a roll of the dice.

It’s possible Jefferson could get us a big reward with a couple more wins and even a CCG berth.
It’s also possible he could fall short, and we‘d be left with only Hejny at QB in 2025.

Maybe a Ouija board would help.

fanatical frog

Nope, not wrong!

It’s possible Jefferson could get us a big reward with a couple more wins and even a CCG berth.
It’s also possible he could fall short, and we‘d be left with only Hejny at QB in 2025.

On3 is showing Jefferson as 100% to UCF, for whatever that actually means these days.

CryptoMiner

6-2/209 from Baton Rouge

As a RS frosh: 102 of 153 11 TDs, 5 Ints 1,222 yds passing and 73 carries for 492 YDs and 6 TDs rushing
Expected to visit TCU along with UCF and S Car.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

6-2/209 from Baton Rouge

As a RS frosh: 102 of 153 11 TDs, 5 Ints 1,222 yds passing and 73 carries for 492 YDs and 6 TDs rushing
Expected to visit TCU along with UCF and S Car.

Intriguing!
I read where he has visits to S.C. & UCF already set. Well SC is where Malachi was favored to go & UCF is Jefferson. It also said he was thinking about a visit to TCU. Considering the competition he’s facing at those locations, maybe we could be his best path forward.

CryptoMiner

NMSU DB 6-1/190 originally from Detroit area. Was highly recruited out of HS with offers from Al, Ark, Mich, Ark and many others

Rowser has had an interesting path so far. Originally committed to Michigan out of HS but switched to Arkansas (TCU alum Sam Carter was his recruiter). Sam left to go to ole miss and on signing day Rowser switched to Campbell U (yes there is such a school and their mascot is a Camel). He was an Freshman All-American there and then transferred to NMSU.

Limey Frog

Nope, not wrong!

Or if your NIL collective could afford to blow $1.5M on a celebrated grad transfer who didn't make you any better than you were with Tyler Buchner, like Notre Dame.

82 Frog Fever

Or if your NIL collective could afford to blow $1.5M on a celebrated grad transfer who didn't make you any better than you were with Tyler Buchner, like Notre Dame.
These big money schools can now buy their way out of their mistakes, so they can take risks that smaller schools can’t.
Smaller schools like TCU cant just go buy players, so their talent planning has to be nearly perfect to compete at a really high level against these state schools.

Wexahu

These big money schools can now buy their way out of their mistakes, so they can take risks that smaller schools can’t.
Smaller schools like TCU cant just go buy players, so their talent planning has to be nearly perfect to compete at a really high level against these state schools.
And I think the best way to compete is to allocate the $ to the more low profile positions that in the end matter the most (other than QB). Lineman.

82 Frog Fever

And I think the best way to compete is to allocate the $ to the more low profile positions that in the end matter the most (other than QB). Lineman.
I mostly agree. It’s college! Kinda sucks that a few athletes seem to always get the lion’s share. College teams should more fairly share the spoils.

10 years ago when many people were saying, “we should pay these players”, I doubt this is what they had in mind.