• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

ShreveFrog

South Carolina may be our toughest competitor for Jefferson, according to this.
Nutshell: A couple of other former Arkansas offensive coaches are there.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

This is a decent article on the 10 best QBs currently available.
There are good QBs out there, but very thin according to the article,
as KJ is #5 and it drops off to Sam Jackson at #10.

That Oregon backup Thompson has to be intriguing for a lot of schools.
Sidenote: Weird that UCLA's Moore chose Oregon after they already took Gabriel.

This is a decent article on the 10 best QBs currently available.
There are good QBs out there, but very thin according to the article,
as KJ is #5 and it drops off to Sam Jackson at #10.

I am surprised Jefferson is ranked behind some of the guys ahead of him, if not all of them. Cam Ward, Will Howard, DJ Uiagalelei, Malik Murphy, then KJ Jefferson.

CardFrog

I am admittedly one that called for spending money on the line 1st but if we can get Jefferson I think we would be crazy not to give it a go. With Morris gone we obviously have a need and I doubt anyone on here thinks Morris is better than Jefferson.

I believe that many times players leave because they get the message that the coaching staff has other plans that do not highlight them. That being said Morris was heading out the door on his own in my opinion. He needs a new start somewhere else. Now that the judge has lifted the rule that forbids a multi-transfer player from planning for a year, more players will leave their schools immediately rather than waiting to graduate.
This is not exactly what happened. A judge issued a restraining order against the NCAA that will prevent the NCAA from punishing teams retroactively for allowing players with pending transfer waivers to play.

This is by no means the end of this, they just wanted to allow the basketball players currently in limbo the opportunity to play without the School being scared of punishment.

Limey Frog

That Oregon backup Thompson has to be intriguing for a lot of schools.
Sidenote: Weird that UCLA's Moore chose Oregon after they already took Gabriel.
Moore didn't look ready when he was put in at UCLA this year. He'll sit behind Gabrielle and (in theory) Oregon won't need to hit the portal again next year).

82 Frog Fever

I am surprised Jefferson is ranked behind some of the guys ahead of him, if not all of them. Cam Ward, Will Howard, DJ Uiagalelei, Malik Murphy, then KJ Jefferson.
Who knows it’s just one guy’s opinion.
I will say KJ is pretty battered right now. He had knee, shoulder, & head injuries this year. It’s what happens when you play behind an OL that allows their QB to be sacked 47 times in a single season. That’s nearly 15% of the time sacked.

Limey Frog

I will say KJ is pretty battered right now. He had knee, shoulder, & head injuries this year. It’s what happens when you play behind an OL that allows their QB to be sacked 47 times in a single season.
Johnny Tape-fingers must be hammering the message to him about how many linemen we've just signed, and rightly so. They can't all work out, but we've got enough bodies at this point to find a solid two-deep up front by September next year. KJ, do you want to get back to being kept upright so you can do the stuff you did at Arkansas in '21 & '22? Take a quick look at what TCU's last experienced QB was able to achieve in his final year here with the right guys around him.

y2kFrog

I will say KJ is pretty battered right now. He had knee, shoulder, & head injuries this year. It’s what happens when you play behind an OL that allows their QB to be sacked 47 times in a single season. That’s nearly 15% of the time sacked.

Just for reference our line only allowed 19.

CryptoMiner

Johnny Tape-fingers must be hammering the message to him about how many linemen we've just signed, and rightly so. They can't all work out, but we've got enough bodies at this point to find a solid two-deep up front by September next year. KJ, do you want to get back to being kept upright so you can do the stuff you did at Arkansas in '21 & '22? Take a quick look at what TCU's last experienced QB was able to achieve in his final year here with the right guys around him.
Not sure KB has KJ highest on his list. Will see what happens but think most here will be surprised.

My thought were if that interested in KJ why not pursue Murphy, basically the same type QB but with more years to play and more potential (Not saying they are trying to go that route).

Jet Set Frog

Has he told him about all the white girls we have here yet? (Too soon still?)

CountryFrog

The last two OL we landed were backups on two bad teams, North Texas and A&M. Which one is worse is up for debate. Find it interesting we are pursuing bodies that hard and also odd that both of them had decent offers.
Not every single player added to the roster is added with the intent of being an immediate starter. You do need depth as well and having veteran depth along OL is very important.

CountryFrog

When was he cleared to play btw? I don’t remember hearing that…I mean I remember those last two games or so it was more of a “we could play him if we really need to” type of thing but that made me think he was never fully cleared.

Was he? Genuinely curious. That speaks even more volumes if he was indeed fully cleared and they still played Hoover.
He was fully available for at least the last 2 games.

Latest posts