• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Frogs1983

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt a good percentage of the other 80% really look forward to an extra couple weeks of practice at the end of the season so they can go play in some meaningless game in a half-empty (if that) stadium. And it's not like the destinations are vacation spots. Houston, San Antonio, Memphis, Mobile, Shreveport, Detroit, Albuquerque, El Paso, et etc etc.
Liking that 10 am EST story time for SMEW's Bowl game at Fenway Park, lol. Should be nice and warm at that time in Boston!

Wexahu

The days of recruiting talent and developing them for a year two in order to build a program and consistency are dead. You are going from year to year with turnover at key starting and depth positions.

No loyalties or commitments other than to the dollar.

College football, it was fun and was nice knowing you.
Seriously, it’s not even fun or interesting anymore. I honestly couldn’t care less who comes and goes, they’ll change their mind and be gone in a few months or a year anyway. We’ll have a team next year and if we suck, oh well, I guess we didn’t spend enough or something.

I feel like this sport caters to the lowest denominator of sports fan now. Feel like a sucker almost for even paying attention anymore. I sure as heck am not going to spend money on it.

froginmn

The days of recruiting talent and developing them for a year two in order to build a program and consistency are dead. You are going from year to year with turnover at key starting and depth positions.
And if you have a player who's already transferred once and is close to graduating, you should consider finding an administrative error that leaves him a couple credits shy.

:cool:

Chongo94

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

CryptoMiner

No loyalties or commitments other than to the dollar.

College football, it was fun and was nice knowing you.
Free agency going to ruin MLB, NFL, NBA and now college football.

Same gripe that has been said over and over yet thise sports are bigger than ever.

82 Frog Fever

Free agency going to ruin MLB, NFL, NBA and now college football.

Same gripe that has been said over and over yet thise sports are bigger than ever.
If anything, it seems like free agency has increased interest in big 3 sports.
I see very few people under 40 complaining about no loyalties in sports, instead they’re happy & engaged when their team has a chance to get significantly better in a single year.
Just look how quickly the CU fan base came back on line with a massive display of support for their team.

Wexahu

If anything, it seems like free agency has increased interest in big 3 sports.
I see very few people under 40 complaining about no loyalties in sports, instead they’re happy & engaged when their team has a chance to get significantly better in a single year.
Just look how quickly the CU fan base came back on line with a massive display of support for their team.
Huge difference. They coupled free agency with a salary cap, salary floors, a heavy tax on teams that exceed the cap in cases where it's not a hard cap, etc etc etc. All the leagues have a draft, not open recruiting. MLB teams control players until they are about 28 years old. The NFL has minimum 4-year contracts for rookies. Something similar for the NBA. The result is a much more competitive landscape and parity and more engaged fan bases. The NFL, the most popular league of them all, has almost complete parity.

It wasn't free agency that made these leagues more popular. It was all the other stuff that went along with it. College football has none of that.