• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Correa to the Twins—

@JonHeyman
Correa will be paid $200M over 6 years and has a chance to receive an additional $70M over four vesting years with the Twins. Sources: The major part of Correa’s physical is complete — including the ankle at issue — so there’s nothing foreseen to stop Correa’s return to the Twins

Eight

I really loathe Alex Cora. Feel like punching the drunkard right now. He and Carlos Beltran were with the Astros for only that one season.

Ironically, Beltran was held in highest regard as a leader so he was hired by the Astros specifically to help lead the impressionable young team. He was with the dam Yankees from 2014-16. He couldn’t hit a lick while cheating In 2017. Probably why he was leading the cheating, with Cora; Beltran needed help producing at the DH spot, sheesh.

Last edited:

Creeperfrog

I really loathe Alex Cora. Feel like punching the drunkard right now. He and Carlos Beltran were with the Astros for only that one season.

Ironically, Beltran was held in highest regard as a leader so he was hired by the Astros specifically to help lead the impressionable young team. He was with the dam Yankees from 2014-16. He couldn’t hit a lick while cheating In 2017. Probably why he was leading the cheating, with Cora; Beltran needed help producing at the DH spot, sheesh.
Link is bad, but I would read if I could

Jeepers Gerrit, doesn’t that wax job cause jock itch and that may be why you got waxed on the field too? Just guessing, I am a simple Midwesterner and would not have my yam sack plucked.

Last edited:
Jeepers, Jose Altuve out 8-10 weeks after he has surgery this week on a broken thumb. Hit by pitch in the World Baseball Classic by Rockies and current USA reliever, Bard, who had no control through four batters-- two walks, a hit, a hit batter and two wild pitches; a total of 17 pitches. Sheesh.

Yordan Alvarez likely not ready for opening day due to a sore hand, which is the same problem as last year. And Michael Brantley not ready, continuing his recovery on his surgery repaired shoulder. Sore I think.

And of course, Lance McCullers is out indefinitely with a similar forearm discomfort or strain that sidelined him last year. If and when he does come back you have to assume he won’t finish the season, he has that track record. He should’ve been traded during the winter before he was again hurting. Once again, durability is just as important as ability, and Lance does not have the former. And when he does pitch, though exceptional at times, he has always been inconsistent, with the exception of 2021, but that year he was injured in the divisional series. He has always walked a lot of batters too but his stuff is good enough that he usually works around it.

Somebody should start a 2023 MLB thread.

Last edited:

LisaLT

Jeepers, Jose Altuve out 8-10 weeks after he has surgery this week on a broken thumb. Hit by pitch in the World Baseball Classic by Rockies and current USA reliever, Bard, who had no control through four batters-- two walks, a hit, a hit batter and two wild pitches; a total of 17 pitches. Sheesh.

Yordan Alvarez likely not ready for opening day due to a sore hand, which is the same problem as last year. And Michael Brantley not ready, continuing his recovery on his surgery repaired shoulder. Sore I think.

And of course, Lance McCullers is out indefinitely with a similar forearm discomfort or strain that sidelined him last year. If and when he does come back you have to assume he won’t finish the season, he has that track record. He should’ve been traded during the winter before he was again hurting. Once again, durability is just as important as ability, and Lance does not have the former. And when he does pitch, though exceptional at times, he has always been inconsistent and with the exception of 2021, but that year he was injured in the divisional series. He has always walked a lot of batters too but his stuff is good enough that he usually works around it.

Somebody please start a 2023 MLB thread.
why do these guys feel the need to participate in this WBC - especially when its 2 weeks until opening day??

why do these guys feel the need to participate in this WBC - especially when its 2 weeks until opening day??
I don’t think we could care less in this country, but maybe it is important to others. I think they are in the quarter or semi finals, but who here knows which teams. I don’t know when the WBC launched. I only know what I know now becase of the Altuve injury, and that is a crappy reason to be reading about it, sheesh.

For me, injury is the worst part of sport, and it’s a reason why I often care less and less about regular seasons and injured playoff teams. I tire of injuries and not knowing what’s going to be there come playoff time. And I don’t remember injuries being prominent as a kid, just an occasional one, uncommon.

Last edited:

Eight

very, very important for the players from the latin countries

all you had to do was watch the game between puerto rico and the dominican to see how much it matters to them

heard more than one say they would rather win this over world series as this is for their country

comparable to the emotions of the players winning the world cup in soccer vs a league title or the champions league

altuve's injury wasn't unique to this tournament. he could have just as easily been hit in a game in spring training

Creeperfrog

all you had to do was watch the game between puerto rico and the dominican to see how much it matters to them

heard more than one say they would rather win this over world series as this is for their country

comparable to the emotions of the players winning the world cup in soccer vs a league title or the champions league

altuve's injury wasn't unique to this tournament. he could have just as easily been hit in a game in spring training
They might say that in the moment, but it is a lie

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I tuned in to watch the D.R. vs. Venezuela game, and I was sorely disappointed to see that it was being played in some anodyne MLB ballyard. Hell, half the fun of watching Latin Baseball is the crowd going totally insane for the whole ballgame! Without that semi-deranged fan energy, it was just another game. Borrr-ing.

Creeperfrog

This is just my opinion. The players say this right now bc they are in the moment. If they were playing for the World Series they would say the exact same thing ab that moment and winning the WS.

I could be wrong in my thinking.

I think the World Series is the top of the baseball pyramid. Just think ab the media coverage WS vs. WBC. I saw on an ESPN show talk ab the WBC and half of the 3 minute segment was focused on Altuve and the other guy who got injured and they wondered if it was worth them playing in these "exhibition games"