• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Frank Lampard sacked by Everton today. A legendary EPL player, but his EPL coaching track record took another hit with this one.
Probably should have happened before the WC, IMO. They might have benefitted from the new boss having a month to get his side right before returning to action. It's looking dire for the Toffees.

dawg

Probably should have happened before the WC, IMO. They might have benefitted from the new boss having a month to get his side right before returning to action. It's looking dire for the Toffees.
Exactly this. A month of training with a new manager would have served them far better than another month of Lampard.

dawg

I really hope Weston makes it out of there to Spurs before this window closes.
New rumor is Leeds, and I've also heard Arsenal and Chelsea floated; at this point I think Juve are linking him to any and everyone in an attempt to drive up his price. Gotta say... him teaming up with Aaronson and Adams in the EPL would be pretty sweet. When was the last time three MNT players were in the same side? The mid-2000s Fullham sides?

Last edited:

Purp

New rumor is Leeds, and I've also heard Arsenal and Chelsea floated; at this point I think Juve are linking him to any and everyone in an attempt to drive up his price. Gotta say... him teaming up with Aaronson and Adams in the EPL would be pretty sweet. When was the last time three MNT players were in the same side? The mid-2000s Fullham sides?

I'd love that too, but I'd prefer to own a Spurs kit with McKennie on the back. He's the player I've wanted at White Hart Lane since he was at Schalke. He's a perfect fit for what Spurs need in the center of the park. But if he goes to Leeds I might just have to buy a Leeds kit instead and get Aaronson and Adams jerseys for my sons.

dawg

Gio with the game winner in stoppage time today. Didn't start this one, but got another crucial late goal for the win. Suck a fat one Berhalter.

Here's the clip:

I'd love that too, but I'd prefer to own a Spurs kit with McKennie on the back. He's the player I've wanted at White Hart Lane since he was at Schalke. He's a perfect fit for what Spurs need in the center of the park. But if he goes to Leeds I might just have to buy a Leeds kit instead and get Aaronson and Adams jerseys for my sons.
McKinnie jersey for yourself, Aaronson and Adams for your boys?

#FatherOfTheCentury

Purp

Here's the clip:

McKinnie jersey for yourself, Aaronson and Adams for your boys?

#FatherOfTheCentury

We'd look sharper than woodpecker lips sporting those 3 Leeds kits for USA matches. My oldest has a Pulisic Dortmund jersey and I brought him home a Gladbach jersey from Germany in September. His little brother got a neon Dortmund jersey from that trip and they got a miniature WC replica ball for playing in the house. Trouble with those jerseys is I couldn't get names on the back. My daughter got a fancy German teddy bear puppy dog thing. She thinks she got the best gift, but the boys and I know otherwise.

Chongo94

Be glad you aren’t watching….having to put up with an extra loud Mike for some reason and very loud cheers, which normally I wouldn’t even think about….but when you hear “We are the US, the mighty mighty US” extremely loudly for four minutes out of the first 6, it gets old quick. Gonna turn it off.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I’m Slanina started in goal right? How has he looked?
Didn’t watch most of the second half but he played well in the first half. Had 2 great saves and the goal really wasn’t his fault at all (wall dissolved on a free kick). Thought he, Cowell, Vasquez, and Zendejas all looked like guys who could eventually help the squad.

kaiser soze

Didn’t watch most of the second half but he played well in the first half. Had 2 great saves and the goal really wasn’t his fault at all (wall dissolved on a free kick). Thought he, Cowell, Vasquez, and Zendejas all looked like guys who could eventually help the squad.
I tuned in for the last 30. Cowell started out on a tear before going quiet. Zendejas looked crafty and dangerous most of the time.