• The KillerFrogs

2021 Season Ticket Demand - Decrease?

TRF51

I was close to letting my four tickets go this year. I have a buddy coming up from MT to watch the UT game with his kid, if that was not the case I would have let them go. My kid is much more into sports and that consumes my free time. Giving up an entire Saturday for a 3 hour game is not worth it anymore. Watching it at home is actually better and cost a lot less.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
We'll see.

I've accumulated what I hope to be a pretty healthy amount of priority points over the past few years with some donations.

The short term "ultimate twist" will be if I do get to move to really good seats and they end up being absolutely miserable to sit in because of the people around me.

I've already somewhat experienced that in the past when I've been invited to sit in the club... lots of "what are you doing cheering" looks.
You may not end up liking the “better” seats for the reason you stayed above. After doing some things for the programs I was able to maneuver my way into lower bowl center court seats on an aisle only a few rows from the club seats. Terrific place to watch the game. Hate the seats because of the crowd around me. So boring. I plan to upgrade by moving to worse seats that will be better.

Purp

You may not end up liking the “better” seats for the reason you stayed above. After doing some things for the programs I was able to maneuver my way into lower bowl center court seats on an aisle only a few rows from the club seats. Terrific place to watch the game. Hate the seats because of the crowd around me. So boring. I plan to upgrade by moving to worse seats that will be better.
If you'd like I'll just give you all of my tickets and you can give me all of yours. Even swap.

nrhfrog

Am reducing my number of tickets from 8 to 4.
The level of interest in TCU football has been declining for the last 3 or 4 years due to continued mediocrity on the field.

Since the CGP regime took over the program, my tickets were always in high demand. Between friends and family, we had to ration them out. It was a big deal in our family. We never scheduled any trips during the Fall if it meant missing a home Frog game. Those days are gone.

Long before COVID, the demand began to dry up.
Last year, due to COVID, I was able to sit in the "rich folks' " seats. They were great seats, but I still went to 2 games by myself because no one cared to waste their afternoon on such a pathetic team.

I really don't care about the "game day atmosphere"....has no impact on my decision to purchase season tickets. All I care about is that we have a team in the hunt for the Big 12 title on a consistent basis.

If the mediocrity continues (which I fear it will...given CGP's stubborn clinging to assistant coaches who are loyal rather than successful), then this will be my final year.
It just isn't worth my money or half of a Saturday to watch such boring football.

That said, TCU won't have to worry about an empty stadium. Amon Carter will just become a neutral site. There will always be 10-15K of TCU fans who will buy tickets and the remainder will be sold to the opposition......just as they did in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I never thought I'd see us go back to those days again, but I fear we are very close as I just don't see the TCU Board or Administration being very concerned about Athletics at this point. As long as we win the title of "Most Woke in the Big 12"....mediocrity in athletics seems to be okay.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Am reducing my number of tickets from 8 to 4.
The level of interest in TCU football has been declining for the last 3 or 4 years due to continued mediocrity on the field.

Since the CGP regime took over the program, my tickets were always in high demand. Between friends and family, we had to ration them out. It was a big deal in our family. We never scheduled any trips during the Fall if it meant missing a home Frog game. Those days are gone.

Long before COVID, the demand began to dry up.
Last year, due to COVID, I was able to sit in the "rich folks' " seats. They were great seats, but I still went to 2 games by myself because no one cared to waste their afternoon on such a pathetic team.

I really don't care about the "game day atmosphere"....has no impact on my decision to purchase season tickets. All I care about is that we have a team in the hunt for the Big 12 title on a consistent basis.

If the mediocrity continues (which I fear it will...given CGP's stubborn clinging to assistant coaches who are loyal rather than successful), then this will be my final year.
It just isn't worth my money or half of a Saturday to watch such boring football.

That said, TCU won't have to worry about an empty stadium. Amon Carter will just become a neutral site. There will always be 10-15K of TCU fans who will buy tickets and the remainder will be sold to the opposition......just as they did in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I never thought I'd see us go back to those days again, but I fear we are very close as I just don't see the TCU Board or Administration being very concerned about Athletics at this point. As long as we win the title of "Most Woke in the Big 12"....mediocrity in athletics seems to be okay.
You should give up your tickets so a fan can use them then.