• The KillerFrogs

2021 NCAA Baseball Regionals

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Just for a second, consider that no one was expecting a rash of golf clapping after a game winning salami. OTOH, the probably were also not expecting the guy who hit the ball to flounce around the basepaths like a fool on his way to the plate.

Like the Old Coach said, "Son, act like you've done it before."

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Going crazy/celebrating is fine. Turning completely around to stare into the opposing team’s dugout before throwing the bat 50 feet into the air crosses the line between celebration and disrespect. We can disagree. That’s fine.
I like it when a hitter does a huge bat flip, gives the degeneration X cross thing over his crotch to the opponents dugout and fans, gives his phone number to the opposing coach’s wife and then knocks the pitcher down and kicks sand in his face all before heading to first. But he better be running on the base path or it crosses into disrespectful.

froginmn

I like it when a hitter does a huge bat flip, gives the degeneration X cross thing over his crotch to the opponents dugout and fans, gives his phone number to the opposing coach’s wife and then knocks the pitcher down and kicks sand in his face all before heading to first. But he better be running on the base path or it crosses into disrespectful.
Back when I was coaching baseball, I had a 12 year old player (who was batting about .100) step to the plate and do some long routine that ended up with him pointing to the sky. He walked (which was best case scenario) and when he got to first I said, "hey, you know that thing that you did before you stepped to the plate?" Yeah. "I don't ever want to see it again. Just focus on hitting. Now let's be smart running the bases and get a run."

Moose Stuff

Going crazy/celebrating is fine. Turning completely around to stare into the opposing team’s dugout before throwing the bat 50 feet into the air crosses the line between celebration and disrespect. We can disagree. That’s fine.

If you don’t like it then get the [ mother farger ] our next time. Otherwise….. wear it.

And if one of our guys did that you guys would all have the biggest baseball boner’s on earth. LMAO.

Realtorfrog

I'd be celebrating that bomb too! Why are baseball players not allowed to celebrate a win?
I think a celebration once you round first and let it build until you touch the plate is fine...... gloating by standing and watching is ear hole next time up for sure!!

that being said...... I wonder if he really touched home will all dancing and commotion!

froginmn

If you don’t like it then get the [ mother farger ] our next time. Otherwise….. wear it.

And if one of our guys did that you guys would all have the biggest baseball boner’s on earth. LMAO.
Completely disagree, and that's fine.

There's a way to celebrate, or better yet you can let the ball being over the fence be the statement by itself.

Moose Stuff

Completely disagree, and that's fine.

There's a way to celebrate, or better yet you can let the ball being over the fence be the statement by itself.

These kids missed all of their 2020 season and are playing in front of crowds like this for the first time in 15 months. I’m not gonna fault any of them for even one second for getting caught up in the moment (and in this kid’s case probably the biggest moment of his life). The game has changed and it’s not going back.

TooColdU

Jacksonville tied with Virginia in the 3rd. Dolphins have the bases loaded, 0 outs.

5-2 Jacksonville.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

You know this already about me (or strongly suspect it) but I would not have appreciated this if a Frog had done it. I actually didn’t have much of an issue with this until the kid jumped away from the pack and did whatever flex thing he did to the opposing dugout. Be happy...be ecstatic...celebrate til your balls bleed with your team but there’s no reason at all to disrespect your opponent. Let fans do that if they want.

And no...I did not think the thumbs down thing against Ag was boner-worthy.

MTfrog5

You know this already about me (or strongly suspect it) but I would not have appreciated this if a Frog had done it. I actually didn’t have much of an issue with this until the kid jumped away from the pack and did whatever flex thing he did to the opposing dugout. Be happy...be ecstatic...celebrate til your balls bleed with your team but there’s no reason at all to disrespect your opponent. Let fans do that if they want.

And no...I did not think the thumbs down thing against Ag was boner-worthy.
Yeah I do agree that the end flex was a little much