• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

FrogBall09

Makes sense... pretty sure he played baseball in college at Tech
he did play baseball at Tech and didn't play football - so expect he is a big college baseball fan and unlike his last job, we actually have a baseball program and unlike the stop before that - we have a good one

FrogBall09

TCU baseball now up to the #16 national ranking.
Guess Nebraska only winning 1 of 4 from SHSU meant that people are not that impressed with a TCU sweep this early in the season of the team picked to win the B10....

Not a lot of loses in front of us but we did have a few teams right in front that jumped us last week when we went 2-1 and they swept but didn't sweep this week....

Endless Purple

Frogs have some good games coming up after UTA tomorrow. I have some watching questions.

Does the SEC Network appear on all Direct TV accounts? So if a sports bar in Houston has Direct TV should they have the SECN?

Part II - What is ACCNX? Is that their online channel or is there a TV version such as might be on Direct TV? Most sports bars I might go to all have Direct TV.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Frogs have some good games coming up after UTA tomorrow. I have some watching questions.

Does the SEC Network appear on all Direct TV accounts? So if a sports bar in Houston has Direct TV should they have the SECN?

Part II - What is ACCNX? Is that their online channel or is there a TV version such as might be on Direct TV? Most sports bars I might go to all have Direct TV.
SEC channel is on DirecTV #611
ACC is on DirecTV #612

I think these are part of the regular programming package, and not premium channels.

bc puckett

SEC channel is on DirecTV #611
ACC is on DirecTV #612

I think these are part of the regular programming package, and not premium channels.

While both the SEC and ACC networks are part Direct TV's normal lineup the schedule shows that the Frogs games vs Kentucky and Louisville are on SEC Network+ and ACCNx. These are streaming services similar to ESPN+ and aren't available on Direct TV. A quick check of the DTV guide for those game times shows nothing but the pox on society that is basketball listed.

TCUdirtbag

While both the SEC and ACC networks are part Direct TV's normal lineup the schedule shows that the Frogs games vs Kentucky and Louisville are on SEC Network+ and ACCNx. These are streaming services similar to ESPN+ and aren't available on Direct TV. A quick check of the DTV guide for those game times shows nothing but the pox on society that is basketball listed.

Edited:
SECN+ and ACCNx are the digital-only services for SECN and ACCN, respectively.

If your cable/streaming package includes SECN/ACCN, then you can stream the SECN+/ACCNx games through the ESPN app or website. Once you spot the game, you’ll be prompted to log in with your cable/streaming provider (if the credentials aren’t already stored).

Note: It doesn’t appear that a standalone ESPN+ Subscription will give you access to SECN+ / ACCNx games.

By the way, limited access to the baseball game tonight because of the basketball game. Website says KTCU but I assume it’ll cut over to MBB when it starts. Perhaps gofrogs / Riff Ram will continue the baseball stream. After tonight, every game this month is available to stream on ESPN+, SECN+, or ACCNx.

Last edited:

atofrog

Contributor
By the way, limited access to the baseball game tonight because of the basketball game. Website says KTCU but I assume it’ll cut over to MBB when it starts. Perhaps gofrogs / riff Ram will continue the baseball stream.
Correct. Tonight’s baseball game will not be televised on ESPN+, due to the men’s basketball game with KU being shown on ESPN+ at roughly the same time.

All remaining home baseball games will be on ESPN+ after tonight.

Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

This will be a fun season in one of my group chats. Last text in it was “Rob doesn’t lose 2/3 to scheissing Penn”
Tell your bitter Aggie friends that Rob was taking that program nowhere unless they aspired to be underachieving and mediocre. Debatable whether Schloss does better, but Rob was a very average HC given the location/conference/resources and what he achieved (or didn’t).

TCUdirtbag

Fingers crossed that Schloss fails miserably...

I will never understand this level of hate. I sure don’t want him to have more success at A&M than TCU has—and perhaps my grapes will become sour if somehow he does. But Schloss gave us 18 years and took our program to national prominence—perhaps as far as he was ever going to be able to take us.

Wishing him to “fail miserably” takes a lot of unfounded bitterness, IMO. Move on with the program, staff, and players we’ve got. The future is bright.

tcumaniac

I will never understand this level of hate. I sure don’t want him to have more success at A&M than TCU has—and perhaps my grapes will become sour if somehow he does. But Schloss gave us 18 years and took our program to national prominence—perhaps as far as he was ever going to be able to take us.

Wishing him to “fail miserably” takes a lot of unfounded bitterness, IMO. Move on with the program, staff, and players we’ve got. The future is bright.
Disagree. If he had gone to a program like Mississippi State, I would agree with you, but he sold his soul and left us for our most hated baseball rival. I hope he never wins another game as their head coach.

TCUdirtbag

Baseball is underway. Riff Ram app “live audio” redirects to KTCU where the radio call is broadcasting. We’ll see if they switch to basketball at 7.

Top of the first. Cam Brown on the bump for the Frogs. UTA has 3 on, on 3 straight base hits, with 1 out. 5-hole .368 hitter AB.

RBI single makes it 2-0. Play at the plate not in time. Winkler out to chat with Brown. 1 out with runners on 1st & 2nd.

3-6-1 double play ends the inning.

Mid 1st. UTA leads 2-0.
Brown threw 22.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Bottom of the 1st

Nunez 10-pitch at bat ends with a grounder to 2b
Boyers with a nice SINGLE to rf
Taylor HOMER to straightaway center. Tie game!
Bishop HBP
Gray Rodgers ab with 1 on / 1 out. Tie game
Bishop STEALS 2nd and goes to 3rd on an E2
Rodgers WALKS. Frogs on corners w/ 1 out
Sacco SAC FLY to center. 3-2 Frogs!
Spenrath ab. 1 on / 2 outs.
Rodgers STEALS 2nd.
Spenrath Ks to end the inning.

End of 1. 3-2 Frogs.
UTA pitcher threw 31.

Last edited: