• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

From FSU site (hope this is okay to post as it was on a tweet):

Dxn-_6xU0AA288j.jpg:large

the guy has been ranked 4 times by 247 and somehow in the last ranking he jumped over 600 spots

what possibly could the experts at 247 have seen that warranted this type of jump unless it is tied to schools such as ucla, va tech, and unc started to recruit him
This should tell you all you need to know about these recruiting sites. Is there a meme for someone beating their head against the wall?

FrogCop19

Anyone have a halfway decent synopsis of what happened with Bru McCoy? Did he sign with USC and then immediately decide to transfer?
My take on it was he went there with the understanding that Kingsbury would be the OC.

So Bru wanted to be with Bro. Since that didn't work out...expect him to forgo college entirely and jump straight to the NFL after intense training for two years.

Moose Stuff

My take on it was he went there with the understanding that Kingsbury would be the OC.

So Bru wanted to be with Bro. Since that didn't work out...expect him to forgo college entirely and jump straight to the NFL after intense training for two years.

I actually think the OC leaving right after you signed is a very legit reason to want out of your commitment and he probably has a decent shot of being eligible immediately.

Wexahu

I actually think the OC leaving right after you signed is a very legit reason to want out of your commitment and he probably has a decent shot of being eligible immediately.

Maybe so, but I hate that. Next thing someone is going to want to be let out of their commitment and become immediately eligible because their position coach that recruited him is gone. And besides, kids can't expect to be coached by the same guys throughout their career, that's not realistic. If Cumbie is fired after next year, should Duggan be able to then go wherever he wants? Pick the SCHOOL, not just the coach or coaching staff.

Moose Stuff

Next thing someone is going to want to be let out of their commitment and become immediately eligible because their position coach that recruited him is gone.

If Cumbie is fired after next year, should Duggan be able to then go wherever he wants?

Whether I like it or not I don’t see a huge problem with this.

Yes.

FrogCop19

I agree with you, but it annoys me that college has become one step away from free agency. It becomes a very slippery slope, as many have pointed out before me.

What happens when your position coach leaves? Even more ridiculous, what happens when a player you've been heavily recruited by leaves? Justin Rogers was as effective in recruiting a few guys last year as our staff was (some might even argue more so). If he leaves, can a player decide he was given a false bill of goods and transfer? I suppose they can, but it begins to make recruiting meaningless on a multitude of levels.

Wexahu

Whether I like it or not I don’t see a huge problem with this.

Yes.

So in other words, almost total free agency. Where is the line drawn? The head coach leaving? The OC or DC? The position coach? The AD? The Dean of a certain academic department that the kid was in?...I'm only half-kidding on that one.

It would kind of be the end of college football as we know it.

Moose Stuff

I agree with you, but it annoys me that college has become one step away from free agency. It becomes a very slippery slope, as many have pointed out before me.

What happens when your position coach leaves? Even more ridiculous, what happens when a player you've been heavily recruited by leaves? Justin Rogers was as effective in recruiting a few guys last year as our staff was (some might even argue more so). If he leaves, can a player decide he was given a false bill of goods and transfer? I suppose they can, but it begins to make recruiting meaningless on a multitude of levels.

Starts getting a little silly for me at the “player who helped recruit you” part. I don’t love the rest of it either, but I can see it as at least a debatable issue.