• The KillerFrogs

2019-20 bowl games thread

AroundWorldFrog

“almost” 5 yards

It looked like a good play to me.

I hate the new football rules that kick defensive players out of games while letting dirty offensive players stay in.
Does it matter whether it was 4 yards or 5 yards? You said it was a legal play because it was behind the line of scrimmage.

jake102

“almost” 5 yards

It looked like a good play to me.

I hate the new football rules that kick defensive players out of games while letting dirty offensive players stay in.

I don’t disagree on a macro level, but that play was idiotic and dirty. He could have ended LSUs drive but instead went head hunting and allowed Burrow a free pass to the 1st down

HFrog1999

Does it matter whether it was 4 yards or 5 yards? You said it was a legal play because it was behind the line of scrimmage.

I may have been wrong about the position of the players. I thought it was behind the line of scrimmage.

Legal or not, I don’t think it was a dirty play and think it’s ridiculous the player got ejected

Zubaz

He went for a silly and dirty hit instead of playing the ball for....reasons. Incredible there's someone outside of his immediate family defending it.

Sorry the dangerous parts of the game you liked went away, but football is better off for it.

dawg

I don’t disagree on a macro level, but that play was idiotic and dirty. He could have ended LSUs drive but instead went head hunting and allowed Burrow a free pass to the 1st down

This. That play has no business in football at any level. The DB wasn’t attempting to break up a pass, break through a block, or tackle a ball carrier. He took a blindside shot at an opponent’s head away from the play (when he could have stopped the QB from getting a 1st down).

Ron Swanson

Exactly

Completely dirty and yet somehow even stupider than it was dirty. It not only didn’t help his team accomplish their goal of stopping the play, it actually was the reason why the offense was able to get the first down. He essentially went out of his way to block himself and take himself out of the play.