• The KillerFrogs

2018 TCU BASEBALL SEASON THREAD

Sebastian S

A&M be like:
giphy.gif

GoFrog Yourself

Curious why we don’t try to schedule Tuesday games against UH like we do with Rice. I know schloss doesn’t enjoy playing former coaches, but it has to help our RPI more than the ACUs or UTRGVs of the world

flyfishingfrog

Curious why we don’t try to schedule Tuesday games against UH like we do with Rice. I know schloss doesn’t enjoy playing former coaches, but it has to help our RPI more than the ACUs or UTRGVs of the world
Seems like We don’t typically travel even as far as Houston for mid week games

Rice is on the return from the Cali trip - which is probably why we are going vs last few times we have played another team out there

This year we do go to SFA but that is the farthest midweek outside of the Rice game - beyond that its Arlington , DBU and Abilene

The rest of the longer trips are coming to us - UTRGV and Ark Pine Bluff

flyfishingfrog

Down 1 to #4 in perfect game
Held at #7 in baseball America
Down 1 to #8 in D1
Down 2 to #14 in collegiate baseball

still waiting on coaches and NCBWA
yeah- that is the problem right now - even though we are winning the series - other teams are sweeping their opponents.

So while we may be playing a little better teams (or a lot in some cases) - we still seem to be the highest ranked 3 loss team and slipping a little because of it.

hopefully if we get a couple of sweeps and as the season progresses - things will level out

GoFrog Yourself

yeah- that is the problem right now - even though we are winning the series - other teams are sweeping their opponents.

So while we may be playing a little better teams (or a lot in some cases) - we still seem to be the highest ranked 3 loss team and slipping a little because of it.

hopefully if we get a couple of sweeps and as the season progresses - things will level out
Win at least two this weekend, sweep Minnesota and we’ll be in good shape heading into conference play. Rankings are little more than eye candy

TCUdirtbag

If we have a win % of .700 and don’t lose a single series we’ll be a top 8 National seed.

Would be nice to find a sweep though. This weekend is going to be really tough.

Punter1

I've been pretty critical of our entire offense so far this year but I LOVED the lineup change last night.

I think having CW and ZH hitting 1,2 is a great idea and should ensure plenty of baserunners ahead of Baker and Watson. I still wish we would move up AO behind ML but overall I think this gives us the best chance to have guys on in front of our big boys.

I guess when Rizor comes back he may move into the 6 hole for 'Destroy sometimes sending CW to the DH.

PurpleBlood87

I've been pretty critical of our entire offense so far this year but I LOVED the lineup change last night.

I think having CW and ZH hitting 1,2 is a great idea and should ensure plenty of baserunners ahead of Baker and Watson. I still wish we would move up AO behind ML but overall I think this gives us the best chance to have guys on in front of our big boys.

I guess when Rizor comes back he may move into the 6 hole for 'Destroy sometimes sending CW to the DH.

Maybe part of AO's success at the plate comes from hitting near the bottom of the order where there is less pressure?

I
It was easy to tell from 200 feet away too. That poor ump had about 4 other bang bang plays and I’m not sure he got any more than 1 of them right.

I am ashamed at all Frog Fans on this thread criticizing this umpire! Ugly sick why would TCU fans act like this?

Perhaps you didn’t realize the umpire is a disabled American?

It is true The umpire is legally blind.