• The KillerFrogs

2018 Starters

TCURiggs

I do. Don't need any death threats from this board since it seems to be touchy feely and would reflect bad on our fan base.

I'll summarize it for you. Kenny hill is on par with manny Wilkins, ASU; quinton flowers of USF; and Shurmur of Vanderbilt.

I have 5 G5 QBs well ahead of Kenny. Boise excluded since I've never seen him play.

4 ACC QBs ahead
5 PAC 12 ahead
8 SEC QB ahead.
5 B10 ahead (3 teams total)

You can figure it out from here.

Ha. Death threats, eh?

Great list. Thanks for offering that up... really solidified your stance.

If Collins is the starter next year I think you can assume Shawn is a bust. This kid might be good but I’m pretty sure that he isn’t close to the qb that Shawn is. I don’t think he’s as good as Justin is either.

FrogLifeYo

Safety position hasn't had a baller since Kindred went pro and even in his SR year, he was the lone decent safety...We have some great athletes but at this point, none have any real ball instincts or leadership skills. I really believe if Gaines ever gets how good he could be, he's probably our next future pro.

Having said all that, the talent waiting in the wings has outrageous potential and this off season will be huge. Consider what a year in the wings did for Blacklock..Can't wait to see Daniels, Wallow, Onyemaobi, and Van Zant after an off season of learning and growing.I know a few of those guys got some special teams run

2014 Carter, Hacket, and Kindred..It is the standard for safety groups in the GP era. Hope we can get back to that

TCURiggs

Safety position hasn't had a baller since Kindred went pro and even in his SR year, he was the lone decent safety...We have some great athletes but at this point, none have any real ball instincts or leadership skills. I really believe if Gaines ever gets how good he could be, he's probably our next future pro.

Having said all that, the talent waiting in the wings has outrageous potential and this off season will be huge. Consider what a year in the wings did for Blacklock..Can't wait to see Daniels, Wallow, Onyemaobi, and Van Zant after an off season of learning and growing.I know a few of those guys got some special teams run

2014 Carter, Hacket, and Kindred..It is the standard for safety groups in the GP era. Hope we can get back to that

Yep. I think it's just that GP's defense is so hard for college kids to master that none of them really stand out until they're Juniors or Seniors and have been in it for a number of years. You'd have to go back and re-visit all of the stud players that GP has produced, but it seems like all of the greats didn't really stand out until their last year or two. That's obviously probably the case with most college players (get better as you go), but I think that's even more of the case in GP's defense. I bet Gaines is gonna shine in years to come, and most of those other guys probably will as well. We have A LOT of young talent on defense. I'm excited to see where this program can get to... we're on a fun, upward trend.

Moose Stuff

Yep. I think it's just that GP's defense is so hard for college kids to master that none of them really stand out until they're Juniors or Seniors and have been in it for a number of years. You'd have to go back and re-visit all of the stud players that GP has produced, but it seems like all of the greats didn't really stand out until their last year or two. That's obviously probably the case with most college players (get better as you go), but I think that's even more of the case in GP's defense. I bet Gaines is gonna shine in years to come, and most of those other guys probably will as well. We have A LOT of young talent on defense. I'm excited to see where this program can get to... we're on a fun, upward trend.

I agree with this. It’s one of the reasons I don’t get too excited about the JUCO guys we take because so many only really contribute for one year (if at all). It’s also why I love the JUCO guys with 3 years of eligibility (like Allen this year). I will also add that you can usually take it to the bank that the kids who do see the field early are gonna be stars (looking at you Ross and Corey).

As I mentioned previously, I’m hoping the future of our secondary emerges in a big way next fall.... Wallow (unless he ends up at LB), VanZandt, Daniels, Smith, Vongor, TMW....... all big bodies with talent. Could be scary running around our secondary in the coming years.

ifrog

I do. Don't need any death threats from this board since it seems to be touchy feely and would reflect bad on our fan base.

I'll summarize it for you. Kenny hill is on par with manny Wilkins, ASU; quinton flowers of USF; and Shurmur of Vanderbilt.

I have 5 G5 QBs well ahead of Kenny. Boise excluded since I've never seen him play.

4 ACC QBs ahead
5 PAC 12 ahead
8 SEC QB ahead.
5 B10 ahead (3 teams total)

You can figure it out from here.

LisaLT

What I want to know is, what in the heck was that guy trying to do? That bike was going to end up in the pool one way or another. Kinda nutty. The girl at the bar must have had a few choice words for him...lol

FROG PARENTS 1961

You must not have encountered many people from Baylor.
I live in New York Moose. I've never wasted my time in Waco, ever. But I did enjoy Grandview where my family is from. Enjoyed Hillsboro where I found some medical supplies from a long way back. That was about 40 minutes from Baylor. Instead I have spent time in Italy Auburn Waxahachie, Cleburne where my father was born. We will have to meet up at some point big moose. I do however watch Baylor on tv. Does that count?

PhillyFrog

I live in New York Moose. I've never wasted my time in Waco, ever. But I did enjoy Grandview where my family is from. Enjoyed Hillsboro where I found some medical supplies from a long way back. That was about 40 minutes from Baylor. Instead I have spent time in Italy Auburn Waxahachie, Cleburne where my father was born. We will have to meet up at some point big moose. I do however watch Baylor on tv. Does that count?

My dad was born and raised in Grandview. Hobbs family.