• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

PO Frog

I have heard nothing but great things about T Hunt as a person and a player. Very happy to have him coming to FW and hope he makes as big an impact as others are expecting of him.

TCURiggs

I posted that Hunt video but didn’t watch it until just now. Wow. Can’t wait to cheer for that kid.

Man, same here. I saw everyone posting/talking about that video but just now watched it. What an impressive young man. I don't know his full back-story, but I've read that it's a tough one, and you'd never know it based on that short video. He sounds like an incredible person, which it seems we have a few of in this class. I love it.

MinFrog

Man, same here. I saw everyone posting/talking about that video but just now watched it. What an impressive young man. I don't know his full back-story, but I've read that it's a tough one, and you'd never know it based on that short video. He sounds like an incredible person, which it seems we have a few of in this class. I love it.
That story reminds me of a kid last year - I think it was _______ - where the coaches were excited to see the kid develop once he was actually getting three meals a day.

Edit: I took out the name, cause I couldn't quite remember who it was, but I know there was a kid in the class that the coaches were excited to get him 3 squares a day.

Last edited:

Punter1

I think the biggest, most interesting story of this recruiting class is that even with 29 spots, somehow there is no room for Willie Allen. That to me is mind-boggling, for a number of reasons.

I obviously trust our coaches but how in the world did this guy go from a high four-star recruit, at the hardest position to find quality players, to barely getting any division one offers? And if he was that bad, I would have thought Coach O down at LSU would have been glad to release him to us.

TCURiggs

That story reminds me of a kid last year - I think it was meeking - where the coaches were excited to see the kid develop once he was actually getting three meals a day.

Didn't remember that about Meeking. That was the story with DaShawn Raymond, though. He got to campus in January and the coaches were talking about how he was already up about 20 lbs at the recruiting event in February. I was rooting for him as well, and I hope he finds some success wherever he ended up.

TCURiggs

I think the biggest, most interesting story of this recruiting class is that even with 29 spots, somehow there is no room for Willie Allen. That to me is mind-boggling, for a number of reasons.

I obviously trust our coaches but how in the world did this guy go from a high four-star recruit, at the hardest position to find quality players, to barely getting any division one offers? And if he was that bad, I would have thought Coach O down at LSU would have been glad to release him to us.

Ty Barrett was a highly-touted 4-star as well... sometimes they just don't pan out at the next level.

MavAlbert

It's hard to understate the potential of this class. I would honestly be surprised if anyone out of Rogers, Vongor, Hunt, Wilson, and Smith didn't end up being major contributors, and I love the potential of many others.

SportsJunkie

There was a good discussion over at 24/7 that clarified how many players we can sign this year... and because this year's early enrollees can count towards last year's class, it looks like the number of players we can sign is actually 29.

So instead of 5 slots left we really have 9 slots left. That's obviously great news with as many good players that we seem to be getting in on late...or are still uncommitted.
I just signed up last night and can't seem to figure out how to navigate around. Where is all the good stuff. So far I don't think I'll last past the week trial. Help?