• The KillerFrogs

2017-2018 Athletics Annual Report

Showed up in the mail... Here are the highlights:

- Football season ticket sales were down for the third straight year in 2017, from what I've heard 2018 will continue this trend.
- Baseball attendance and revenue was down in 2018, not surprising
- Men's basketball was up on better attendance, revenue was only up slightly thanks to the two-year ticket price strategy we put in place. I anticipate ticket prices are going to start jumping next season (2019-2020)
- Athletic department revenue was up again, record $28.3mm... Growth in all areas except ticket sales, concessions, and GoFrogs.com revenue.
- IMG (advertising/licensing) had a strong year, as did the TCU Team Store.

Frog Club
- We had a little over $13mm in contributions, which I believe did not cover all scholarship costs.
- Total athletics giving was $29.7mm, down again for the third year. I believe the continued YoY drop is due to many of the large gifts from prior years falling off after their 5 year schedules... I'm thinking these were tied to the Scholl project and AGC.
- With the upcoming stadium project about to kick off, we should see these numbers jump again starting in 2018-2019.

Overall, the athletic department is doing fine, but we need to continue to grow revenue.

Moose Stuff

The season ticket thing doesn’t surprise me. CDC basically was trying to do whatever he could to inflate that number regardless of whether people actually showed up to the games. Now people who are realizing they don’t really use the seats aren’t renewing. My opinion.