• The KillerFrogs

2 hours left for TCU Gives Day!!! Please donate any amount.

froginmn

I gotta say that this was handled in a very classy way. Less than 24 hours after I gave a very modest amount, I received an email with a link to a video from a current student thanking me for that gift.

While it could have been a "form letter" type video, it mentioned me by name, mentioned TCU gives day, and the gift by the area to which it was directed, so it seemed personalized.

I feel as though TCU handles things better than other orgs do, and appreciate the work they put in to fundraising.

Go Frogs!

HFrog1999

IMO, if a University provides a education which is a good value, then alumni should have careers which would allow them to afford to send their children there.

Since I and most of the fellow graduates I know can’t come close to affording TCU, I think it’s incredibly over priced. I don’t see myself ever donating more than I need to for my tickets.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
IMO, if a University provides a education which is a good value, then alumni should have careers which would allow them to afford to send their children there.

Since I and most of the fellow graduates I know can’t come close to affording TCU, I think it’s incredibly over priced. I don’t see myself ever donating more than I need to for my tickets.
But if enough other people donate and the endowment starts ensuring students can afford to attend (like Stanford) I assume you then would be willing to take advantage of the new system?

HFrog1999

But if enough other people donate and the endowment starts ensuring students can afford to attend (like Stanford) I assume you then would be willing to take advantage of the new system?

Yeah right, fat chance of that. TCU prefers to spend money on luxury dorms and football suites.

flyfishingfrog

Unless you are younger than early 30’s - you should probably get a better job then

flyfishingfrog

Get back to me when TCU uses donations to reduce tuition instead of building luxury dorms and football suites
It’s callled endowment - since you obviously have no idea what that is or how it operates, research it and get back to me on how any of that money goes to capital projects