• The KillerFrogs

103 degrees now long range forecast for Sept. 2nd...

stbrab

1980 still holds all the records. 67 days 100 or more, record high 113, Fort Worth prohibited any lawn watering, TCU and all area lawns brown as can be, hot! Wonder if weathermen were talking about climate change then? And for that matter, 2011 still has hotter records than this year.
Same in Odessa…I had just started my career in public accounting. After four years (summers) working in the oilfield I was sure glad to be indoors that summer.

Big Frog II

1980 still holds all the records. 67 days 100 or more, record high 113, Fort Worth prohibited any lawn watering, TCU and all area lawns brown as can be, hot! Wonder if weathermen were talking about climate change then? And for that matter, 2011 still has hotter records than this year.
I believe 2011 had more 100 degree days something like 71.

stbrab

that long range forecast doesn't predict the 11 am temperature on the 2nd, but if it's like today, it will be 100 by noon. Sure hope Deion and his players are glad to get out of the Colorado cold. And what about the rest of us? Both sides of the field will have full sun the whole game, beginning to end.
Not all…those of us underneath the East Club overhang will get to enjoy the shade!

4 Oaks Frog

It is absolutely ridiculous that one strike of lightening 30 ( or ever how many) miles away can suspend a game, yet we put our kids (players, band and all) in a stadium during an Excessive Heat Warning with temps reaching anywhere between110-125 degrees, or higher and expect them to perform. Plus, you ask folks to pay hundreds of $s to sit and watch. And we do this simply because a television network needs product to hype, put on the air and sell.
AGC will look almost empty at kickoff and completely empty by halftime. The camera won’t catch fans huddled in the shade of the concourse trying not to roast in the scorching sun filled stadium while our kids are on the field doing just that. That will be a beautiful picture for TV, won’t it? Comments will come…”for a team that went to the National Championship last year, there sure isn’t much fan support for the home opener.” You know it is going to come.

If the powers that be can shut down a game for distant lightning, why can’t they schedule games in this part of country at this time of the year for a nighttime kickoff only? Or, why won’t the TCU powers put their foot down and say no to this nonsense. “We value the well-being of our students and fans more than the $s we receive from the broadcast.” What makes me think that will never happen?

Is it going to take someone scheissing dying before the nimrods realize this?
Just sayin…

Putt4Purple

I"m sure ESPNFOXCBS will eagerly reschedule the game to 9 p.m. because of the weather....And for the younger viewers, this summer is fast becoming a carbon copy of 1980 with a record high of 113 in Fort Worth....The difference in game conditions then and now is that in 1980 there were no locally/regionally/nationally TV broadcasts so the schools and conferences could schedule to accommodate themselves and there were only 10 regular season games so the season could open mid-September and many schools did not have a bye week and there were no conference championship playoff games, so the season could be concluded in just 10 weeks ,allowing a later opening date....
Your post brings me to THAT question. Can the schools change the schedule much to the possible disagreement with the TV gods? I hope they can and should. As much as I love to support TCU sitting and baking on my seat and even traveling to the stadium and drinking a beer in the concourse is an athletic achievement in that much heat. I will not lie. As I have gotten older I have had a couple of health scares because of the heat. It is not a joking matter.

Putt4Purple

It is absolutely ridiculous that one strike of lightening 30 ( or ever how many) miles away can suspend a game, yet we put our kids (players, band and all) in a stadium during an Excessive Heat Warning with temps reaching anywhere between110-125 degrees, or higher and expect them to perform. Plus, you ask folks to pay hundreds of $s to sit and watch. And we do this simply because a television network needs product to hype, put on the air and sell.
AGC will look almost empty at kickoff and completely empty by halftime. The camera won’t catch fans huddled in the shade of the concourse trying not to roast in the scorching sun filled stadium while our kids are on the field doing just that. That will be a beautiful picture for TV, won’t it? Comments will come…”for a team that went to the National Championship last year, there sure isn’t much fan support for the home opener.” You know it is going to come.

If the powers that be can shut down a game for distant lightning, why can’t they schedule games in this part of country at this time of the year for a nighttime kickoff only? Or, why won’t the TCU powers put their foot down and say no to this nonsense. “We value the well-being of our students and fans more than the $s we receive from the broadcast.” What makes me think that will never happen?

Is it going to take someone scheissing dying before the nimrods realize this?
Just sayin…
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Should be read by all and read a thousand times!!!!!

Eight

We should go to Applebee's to find some ladies.

know a guy who found half a rat in his cobb salad

LmpwZw

JugbandFrog

I’ll be honest, I only get so many hall passes from the wife for making TCU games each year. I wanted to come to this game, and I would’ve come if it was a night game, but the 11 AM game in 100+ degree heat isn’t worth it. I’ll save my passes for later on this season.
So what I’m hearing you say is that you got some extra tix…

Froginbedford

2000 was hot until the Hawaii game in early October (the 7th I believe). Cold and rainy the rest of the season.

I was not in DFW in 1980. How were October and November in 1980?
The 1980 heat wave broke about mid-August and the temperatures returned to the normal mid-to-high 90s through September....October and November were traditionally cool....