• The KillerFrogs

‘Big XII depth’ - we don’t have it

TAINTed frog

USC went to suck town for years until Pete Carroll and he got caught. They aren’t that good since a Pete left either, but they get buckets of five star talent.

USC may have had some down years. So did Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee (still), Florida currently, Miami (becoming better). Unfortunately we can't afford the downturns like those schools, even with the strides we've made a consistent winner.

USC has loads to offer (some of which Eight touched on). I love TCU and wish we did better at recruiting but we'll never reach the recruiting ability/credibility of USC.

gdu

Better talent doesn’t turn the ball over.
Huh? Lion's share of TOs come from one player. One of the highest rated QBs we've ever recruited. Not sure how depth solves that problem. We didn't give the backup a chance until we were basically forced to and the depth we have at that position is still recovering from a major injury.

FrogLifeYo

let me offer this and it might be something people don't want to consider.

maybe when the change takes place certain things will get addressed that won't required one coach to carry the load.

maybe that one coach shouldn't try to carry the load himself. i suggest reading the book landry's boys especially the parts by former players about the decline of the cowboys at the end of tom's time in dallas

Won’t argue any of that...I believe his need to carry the load himself has profoundly influenced his personnel decisions as well. We waver as he wavers and the Tom Landry example is a scary one..