• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Wog68

Jim Torbert

We lost a great Frog and patriot last night when Jim Torbert passed away at his home in Georgia. Jim played basketball for Buster Brannon in the '60's and coached the Wog basketball team during the 1966-67 season. An ROTC grad, Jim then went to Army flight school, and flew with the 281st Assault...
  2. Wog68

WOG Basketball Tryouts

The recent women's basketball open tryouts reminded me of when I tried out for the WOGS in 1964. Mickey McCarty told me that the team couldn't scrimmage due to a lack of players. I talked with Coach Bob Walker, the WOG coach. He asked me where I had played hoops and I replied " Indiana". He told...
  3. Wog68

OU game

playing like hammered p--p to start the game.
  4. Wog68

Sweet 16 Memories

The lady announcer last night repeatedly said that the Frogs would be going to the Sweet 16 for the first time in school history if we won. When I got up this morning, I checked my jewelry box to make sure that my 1968 Elite 8 ring was still there. My buddies Mickey McCarty and Carey Sloan are...
  5. Wog68

Crummy Game of the Week

There used to be a humorous sports column called "The Bottom 10" which each week told the exploits and prognosis of the worst football teams in US. It also would discuss the worst game of the upcoming week which was called the "Crummy Game of the Week". Once again, Texas Christian will play in...
  6. Wog68

The Greatest Wog (And Maybe Greatest Frog)

55 years ago Mickey McCarty, RicksterH and I (and some other guys) were preparing to play Kilgore JC in our first Wog basketball game. Mickey was 6'6", 250 lbs, could run like the wind and jump out of the gym. A lefty, he confounded our opponents with his inside and outside skills. He had...
  7. Wog68

Purdue Game - Who is going?

Mrs. Wog68 and I will be there. Would love to tailgate with fellow Frogs.