• The KillerFrogs

Masters Fantasy Foursome 2024

JogginFrog

It's a pick-em game, but calling it Masters Fantasy Foursome ensures some views and humorous comments, so give us your best shot in the thread, then go to https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=18569&leagueJoinToken=1ce7d51bb9 to join the KF.c group and plunk down an entry.

Here are the rules--you pick 4 players, 1 each from Former Champions, U.S., International and Wild Card. You can change players daily, but it doesn't open for changes til late in the day, so log in in the evening to do so.

Scoring Table​

Hole by Hole Scoring
  • Double Eagle: 8 points
  • Eagle: 5 points
  • Birdie: 2 points
  • Par: 1 points
  • Bogey: -1 point
  • Double Bogey or more: - 3 points
End of Round Bonuses
  • A Round One pick completes a Round: 1 point per Round
End of Tournament Bonuses
  • Picked Low Amateur: 5 points
  • Picked Tournament Champion: 5 points
  • Picked Runner(s)-up: 3 points each
*Note: Amateurs will not receive negative points for bogey or worse
---
Good luck, all!

JogginFrog

Weather is expected to play a role Thursday morning. If regular tee times hold, the Thursday-afternoon-Friday-morning wave could have an advantage. But if Thursday a.m. play is cancelled, then the reverse could be true, with the late-early wave maybe having to rush through 27-30 holes on a windy Friday morning, while the early-late wave gets soft conditions on Thursday afternoon followed by calm winds on Friday evening into Saturday.

In classic ANGC fashion, tee times for the first two rounds have not been released. They will want to protect the top players from a bad-weather draw.

Edit: Tee times are out now: https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

Last edited:

JogginFrog

We have 8 entries in the pick-em. Still time to get yours in! Willing to take a flyer on Akshay Bhatia? Going chalk with Scheff and Rory? Let's see what you've got.

ShreveFrog

@JogginFrog or anybody. How do you change your roster?
Edit: Eh, never mind. Turns out one of my guys made the cut on the line so I can't replace him, as I understand the rules.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

Sorry about the misinformation, all. I picked guys in the final six groups on Day 1, thinking they would have an early weather advantage and I could switch them out later. (Why else would they give a bonus for keeping round-1 selections?)

Anyway, review your picks to switch out any who missed the cut.

Current leaders are @Horned Toad (121), woodytcu (119), @ShreveFrog (117), and @Putt4Purple (115). Competition is tight at the top!

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Got a little choked up with those nice words of tribute made to Verne Lundquist, as this is his last Masters gig, I'm guessing. Right after Verne said his thanks, I swear I heard soft crying.

Last edited: