• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament

hometown frog

These are the glory days of TCU basketball. I appreciate that. And Dixon is a primary reason we are where we are. BUT I think it’s time for Donati to sit down and have a real hard conversation with him about the program. Dixon needs to adjust or leave. Hate to say it, but that’s what I feel

PurpleBlood87

Utah State is not a good 3 point shooting team, their entire offense is based in the paint and we defended them like they had 5 Steph Curry's out there. Should have ran a 2 3 zone and forced them to shoot 3s
Not going to win many games when the other team is shooting 54 percent.

tetonfrog

We replaced Baugh and Miles with Nelson and Anderson. Last year, Miles and Baugh averaged 38 points in the NCAAs. Tonight, JN and AA both shot 2-7 with a total of 17 points, 5 TOs and 7 assists. That is an amazing dropoff.

But they were not alone. We just weren't good enough. O'Bannon shoots 2-9, Peavy 3-12, Tennyson 1-3 and our 3 big guys were a total no show with 3-4 shooting for 10 points and 5 rebounds.

Maybe I am being too hard on CJD? It was a great coaching job to get this bunch into the tourney and a .500 record in Big 12 play. Just sucks to end the year with a total flameout.

froggolf65

You get to the tournament you ride your starters. Even the announcers couldn't figure out our subbing 3 mins into the game. Just very strange in game decisions from Dixon and I guess that explains his early exits from the tournament every year.

PurpleBlood87

You get to the tournament you ride your starters. Even the announcers couldn't figure out our subbing 3 mins into the game. Just very strange in game decisions from Dixon and I guess that explains his early exits from the tournament every year.
They weren't questioning the subs. They were contrasting TCU's depth against Utah State which plays seven players.

tetonfrog

But when two of your starters - O'Bannon and Nelson - struggled early with turnovers and poor shooting, then what? Add in Udeh's struggles and it was clear that CJD was looking for someone - anyone - to spark the team.

MadFrog

All season long this team has had difficulty with teams with length and zone D. Very disappointed.
This team had trouble with shooting, turnovers and lousy defense. It also did not help they had ZERO bigs that could compete. I will miss Miller, but not the rest of them. Just think what this year would have been like if Miller had opted in the draft at the end of last year.