• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Four things to watch in TCU’s must-win game at Kansas State

Limey Frog

I got a massive stress headache off of this game.
Imagine if your beleaguered lifelong soccer club, clinging desperately to second place and the hope of promotion out a division they shouldn't have fallen into had scored a 90th minute winner in an equally stressful affair that finished mere minutes before the Frogs tipped in Manhattan...

Huge win for TCU today. This team is fun and can beat most teams on the right day. I think there's a path to 11 wins now, perhaps even 12 if we have a good night somewhere we probably shouldn't expect a win (Lubbock or Provo).

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Just who is the Moley that’s so Holy?…
OIP.2cpIKpi4dx3LKkNk-jR4KwHaE_

Rose Bowl

What a game! From my perspective we got outcoached. Also our guys don’t know when to foul or let the play go. Micah playing great and them not being able to make a three was enough for us to win.

Second half points were 51-44 after a first half of 24-28. Frogs with 14 offensive rebounds to State’s 7. TCU outscored in the paint 44-30. 25 of State’s 72 points were at the line, they only missed four freebies.

I hope Udeh recovers quickly, but I suppose by Tuesday is too optimistic.

I think college players commit too many fouls and coaches appear to let it continue instead of coaching that out of them. I can’t stand fouls that are situationally ridiculous and careless and give away easy points at the free throw line; senseless.

Always play with intensity so that you are in better defensive position and make the opposition earn their points.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I think college basketball players commit too many fouls and coaches appear to let it continue instead of coaching that out of them. I can’t stand stupid fouls that are situationally ridiculous and careless and give away easy points at the free throw line; senseless.

Always play with intensity so that you are in better defensive position and make the opposition earn their points.

Second half points were 51-44 after a first half of 24-28. Frogs with 14 offensive rebounds to State’s 7. TCU outscored in the paint 44-30.

I hope Udeh recovers quickly, but I suppose by Tuesday is too optimistic.
Udeh may not be back by then but seeing Mostafa give some really high quality minutes was encouraging

Udeh may not be back by then but seeing Mostafa give some really high quality minutes was encouraging
Mostafa with four rebounds in just 10 minutes and three of those offensive and then 4-6 from the line. And one steal. Yes, I am curious to see what he can do with more minutes.

Last year he averaged 10 rebounds in 29 minutes per game and this year in his limited minutes he is at 12.8 rebounds per 40 minutes, so he has that good rebounding game.

I know from his last season’s highlights that he has offensive game in the post.

His defense must be limiting his playing time.

Last edited:
Holy Moley!
Some here may not know that before Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon were Grumpy Old Men that they were The Odd Couple in the 1968 movie which spawned the 1970-75 sitcom with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall.

The Odd Couple was first a 1965-67 Broadway play starring Walter Matthau and Art Carney. Jack Klugman replaced Matthau in the play at some point.

Matthau and Lemon were WWII vets and were 72 and 68 when they filmed Grumpy Old Men and I would have voted for either of them for President at that old age over our older Biden and Trump.

Of course, a politician in Washington today is beneath those two fine gentlemen, Walter and Jack - they had things to do.

Last edited: