• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

Tried my hand at making a Minneapolis restaurant staple: the juicy Lucy. Must say it didn't match Matt's Bar but it was pretty darn good.

1000010186.jpg

Edit: for the uninitiated, it's got American cheese wedged between two thin patties and then sealed and grilled at high heat.

If you ever make it Minneapolis, make it to Matt’s.

Last edited:

FrogAbroad

An old family friend long ago introduced me to something similar: two thin patties with a generous portion of blue cheese sealed between, grilled over glowing charcoal. Fortunately my granny wasn't sitting nearby...

froginmn

Tried my hand at making a Minneapolis restaurant staple: the juicy Lucy. Must say it didn't match Matt's Bar but it was pretty darn good.

View attachment 15666

Edit: for the uninitiated, it's got American cheese wedged between two thin patties and then sealed and grilled at high heat.

If you ever make it Minneapolis, make it to Matt’s.
Update: made another batch of these and they are pretty amazing on a Blackstone. Not sure my wife will eat another regular cheeseburger.

1000010551.jpg

HFrog1999

Episode 2 Drinking GIF by Friends

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)

Nice story. "They’re kind of so ugly, they’re cute,”

Texas rancher creates sanctuary for threatened horned lizards​

Mason’s White Ranch has expanded its mission beyond protecting the things that are profitable or even pretty. The ranch’s manager is on a mission to combine ranching with conservation and share the land with threatened Texas horned lizards.

https://www.texasstandard.org/stori...nqklxUQ_z-Gptgy6fkK5vaKJvEK_8i5NiEUCJl09Bp5BU