• The KillerFrogs

I guess TCU MBB just can't handle being ranked.....

namollec

Really?
5 unranked or lower ranked teams won yesterday.
That's the reality of Big 12 MBB.
It goes on and on.

Keep playing Frogs. Play hard each game. Good luck.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
There comes a time in life when it is performance that counts -
not promises, not possibilities,
not potentialities -

but performance.

Richard L. Evans

.....................................Whatever

06DallasFrog

There comes a time in life when it is performance that counts -
not promises, not possibilities,
not potentialities -

but performance.

Richard L. Evans

.....................................Whatever
If performance was the focus of the rankings we would have stayed in the top 25 like some of the teams we’ve beaten.

Froggy Style

If the refs don't steal the kansas (and Cincy) game(s), we're firmly in the top 15 (10).

Don't let your weak ego get in the way of a fun season, again. It's the best stretch in TCU basketball history and weak mindset folks want to complain it isn't perfect for them. We're going to lose 8+ games in the toughest conference....just deal with it.

Limey Frog

It's hard to win a long string of games in the Big 12. Splitting Tech and Texas 1-1 is a fair return. I think if you go down the remainder of our schedule projecting wins and losses at this team's current rate you're looking at ten wins quite comfortably, eleven is realistic and twelve is possible. I think we'd all be happy with an 11-7 conference finish, wouldn't we? We're still on track; no choking has occurred yet, just some Ws and some Ls.

East Coast

Tier 1
It's hard to win a long string of games in the Big 12. Splitting Tech and Texas 1-1 is a fair return. I think if you go down the remainder of our schedule projecting wins and losses at this team's current rate you're looking at ten wins quite comfortably, eleven is realistic and twelve is possible. I think we'd all be happy with an 11-7 conference finish, wouldn't we? We're still on track; no choking has occurred yet, just some Ws and some Ls.
This. It looks like we have a very good, but not elite team. Our guards are good creators and distributors, unfortunately they struggle when pressured (either full or half court).
Against Texas, our centers (Udeh, Cork, Mostafa) disappeared.

Limey Frog

This. It looks like we have a very good, but not elite team. Our guards are good creators and distributors, unfortunately they struggle when pressured (either full or half court).
Against Texas, our centers (Udeh, Cork, Mostafa) disappeared.
Yep. We're good at a few things but not everything, as you'd expect for an upper-middle team in a decent league. We generate turnovers and score in transition very well (as Dixon's best teams tend to do). On the nights when we generate more turnovers than we commit, we can beat anybody. That should get us to double-digit wins in conference play and make us dangerous in the NCAA tournament if we draw teams that don't have dominant front courts. Big teams tend to kill us in the paint, so if hit one of those early we'll probably be going home right away. Anyway, there's plenty to look forward to, but we're not going to just rip off ten straight wins and crack the top 10 in the AP poll. But that's ok, it's just basketball.

Last edited:

eh0215

we're only like 3 wins away from a tournament bid. We're in great shape. that's how I view the rest of the season. We've got a magic number to hit and it's 3. Anything above that is just for seeding.

An-Cap Frog

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF