• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

LisaLT

Thank God...

Either those fools need to have their heads examined for even considering such a buffoon in the first place, of that was the most elaborate "Squirrel!" play ever seen...
That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Frozen Frog

I think Sanders has done a lot to get noticed. His only loss is to a FBS school in ULM. Jackson St. was undefeated when Sanders wasn't able to be on the sideline. I have a feeling another job will open for him. If FSU continues down their current road they might want to give him a call.

As many have said there are still quality coaches that are coaching meaningful games. I know none of us want to see a TCU coach leave with meaningful games on the schedule, and that courtesy needs to be extended. With the early signing date I understand that early is better, but the cupboard at TCU isn't exactly empty.

As for some of the people suggesting that other schools are passing TCU based on this year's football debacle I would encourage you to relax. The most likely conference to expand in to Texas is the Pac. As much as people laughed at the USC plane incident that weighs heavily in the minds of ADs and Presidents/Chancellors. They need to know their athletes will be safe when going on the road from travel ease to fan interaction. They also want to know that a school can run a clean program. The Pac has had several schools get hammered with NCAA penalties and it has hurt their reputation. TCU and the DFW region are still in good shape!

hiphopfroggy

I think Sanders has done a lot to get noticed. His only loss is to a FBS school in ULM. Jackson St. was undefeated when Sanders wasn't able to be on the sideline. I have a feeling another job will open for him. If FSU continues down their current road they might want to give him a call.

As many have said there are still quality coaches that are coaching meaningful games. I know none of us want to see a TCU coach leave with meaningful games on the schedule, and that courtesy needs to be extended. With the early signing date I understand that early is better, but the cupboard at TCU isn't exactly empty.

As for some of the people suggesting that other schools are passing TCU based on this year's football debacle I would encourage you to relax. The most likely conference to expand in to Texas is the Pac. As much as people laughed at the USC plane incident that weighs heavily in the minds of ADs and Presidents/Chancellors. They need to know their athletes will be safe when going on the road from travel ease to fan interaction. They also want to know that a school can run a clean program. The Pac has had several schools get hammered with NCAA penalties and it has hurt their reputation. TCU and the DFW region are still in good shape!
TCU needs to show some sort of life or competitiveness at this time, not be getting bashed in with a broom stick 8 weeks of the season. TCU needs people to watch the program for anyone to have any interest. A winning TCU is most likely a shoe in but a Vanderbilt type TCU isn't going to generate much excitement or enthusiasm. Frustrating thing is that this years TCU squad is loaded with talent so for it to go completely to waste would be tragic. Need to keep as many of these players as possible.

Wexahu

TCU needs to show some sort of life or competitiveness at this time, not be getting bashed in with a broom stick 8 weeks of the season. TCU needs people to watch the program for anyone to have any interest. A winning TCU is most likely a shoe in but a Vanderbilt type TCU isn't going to generate much excitement or enthusiasm. Frustrating thing is that this years TCU squad is loaded with talent so for it to go completely to waste would be tragic. Need to keep as many of these players as possible.
Where exactly are we "loaded" with talent? I can think of a couple RBs, a WR, and that might be about it as far as guys that stand out. Is the O-line loaded with talent? The D-line? Linebackers? Safeties?

hiphopfroggy

Where exactly are we "loaded" with talent? I can think of a couple RBs, a WR, and that might be about it as far as guys that stand out. Is the O-line loaded with talent? The D-line? Linebackers? Safeties?
You really going to act like everyone and their mothers weren't pre season hyping this as one of the most athletically gifted TCU rosters ever?

Chongo94

You really going to act like everyone and their mothers weren't pre season hyping this as one of the most athletically gifted TCU rosters ever?
That’s one of the main problems I think. I mean you are totally correct, but I think too many people got snowblind with the repeated uptick at the end of the season the past couple of years.

Made people think we were probably better than we actually were. I do think we have some talent on offense but on defense, yikes. What’s worse for me is we’ve got some defensive players that seem to think they’re All-Americans…

hiphopfroggy

That’s one of the main problems I think. I mean you are totally correct, but I think too many people got snowblind with the repeated uptick at the end of the season the past couple of years.

Made people think we were probably better than we actually were. I do think we have some talent on offense but on defense, yikes. What’s worse for me is we’ve got some defensive players that seem to think they’re All-Americans…
While agree that nobody is playing like it, Hodges-Tomlinson and Coleman are in fact All-Americans. Mathis is All-Conference. Banks just started getting snaps but looks incredible. That should be a solid defensive core to work with with just those guys. I would also not like to lose Jenkins or Sorrells or Winters. That is 7 guys for sure that TCU should want to hold onto. Perhaps 6 depending on what is happening with Sorrells. I've also been curious to see what the young defensive ends will do in the future but no nothing of how they have been developing.

Wexahu

It wasn't the only time we've been hyped in preseason. Heck, that's like an annual thing.

I've watched every game. I don't see just a ton of talent out there. Some for sure, but also pretty deficient in some key spots, mainly D-line and other parts of the defense. And I'm not sure the O-line is really loaded with talent either.

Wexahu

While agree that nobody is playing like it, Hodges-Tomlinson and Coleman are in fact All-Americans. Mathis is All-Conference. Banks just started getting snaps but looks incredible. That should be a solid defensive core to work with with just those guys. I would also not like to lose Jenkins or Sorrells or Winters. That is 7 guys for sure that TCU should want to hold onto. Perhaps 6 depending on what is happening with Sorrells. I've also been curious to see what the young defensive ends will do in the future but no nothing of how they have been developing.
I haven't seen Sorrells do anything. Has he even played? What makes you think he's a keeper? And Banks looks incredible? Can we tap the brakes there just a wee bit? OSU just ran for over 400 yards against us.

hiphopfroggy

It wasn't the only time we've been hyped in preseason. Heck, that's like an annual thing.

I've watched every game. I don't see just a ton of talent out there. Some for sure, but also pretty deficient in some key spots, mainly D-line and other parts of the defense. And I'm not sure the O-line is really loaded with talent either.
No this preseason hype was much different, it was specifically regarding athletic talent on the roster.