• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Sources say Houston and TCU were “this close” to receiving an invite to the Pac-12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sources say Houston and TCU were “this close” to receiving an invite to the Pac-12

BY Big Steaming Pile

TCU will again be a conference member with Houston, Cincinnati, BYU but before the Big 12 announced plans to expand the Horned Frogs were close to earning an invite to another league.

Some might say painfully close.

According to sources close to this latest conference round of major conference re-alignment, the Pac-12 targeted both the University of Houston and TCU as its preferred expansion candidates.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article254113023.html

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
I’m likely in the minority but I like the way things turned out better than the PAC 12 route , would rather stay together with the irate 8 and with the newbies it’s a better football conference top to bottom. Culturally and proximity wise I just don’t think it’s a good fit.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We were considering "altering" our pre-game prayer? What does that mean? Do they not pray at PAC-12 games?

Some of the things stated in the article make sense. Who knows with Muck Angle the truth in some or all of it.

HFrog1999

So as long as the prayer remains “fairly benign and safe” we’re gold.

Just don’t mention the “J” word

giphy.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
We were considering "altering" our pre-game prayer? What does that mean? Do they not pray at PAC-12 games?

Some of the things stated in the article make sense. Who knows with Muck Angle the truth in some or all of it.

Prayers are only allowed in California if it is all inclusive of
Christhindiconfucisnowickinistkwanzoidpaganismatheistislamistsikhmormonasticgreatspiritintheskyism…

Prime BEEF

I think it's likely that the B12 will poach Colorado, Utah, and the Az schools to get to 16 and the rest of the pac fades away. USC is in a bad position.
That is what I hope happens. Probably not likely though.

also after the SEC takes Clemson and FSU from the ACC I think there is a good chance the big 12 could steal Miami from the ACC to add a travel partner for UCF and increase big 12 presence in Florida