• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

I’ll argue that as a percentage of alums/students, TCU does extremely well. For example, stadium is 4.5x our student body. UT’s is only 2x theirs.

But other conferences don’t do these proportional adjustments. They just look at raw numbers.

It’s ok to pump sunshine but also good to be rational.

If only ratios bought tickets, we'd be golden.

CryptoMiner

correct me if i am wrong, but even when texas and ou were in the big 12 the pac was the only conference with teams in the mountain and pacific time zone so nothing has changed

I assume he is getting at the B12s ability now to attract schools in the west. There was always talk prior to this about going after schools in those time zones, including some PAC schools. That is what has changed. Ironically if the conference opt to try and make a go for it several programs in the west would be top choices.

Klaw

Not good news, but just talk

Pac-12 commissioner Greg Kliavkoff: “We believe the move by Texas and Oklahoma strengthens our unique position as the only Power 5 conference with teams in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.”

This is a tone death statement and this PAC 12 commissioner needs to be more proactive than his predecessors. If not, either the BiG10 or SEC will come for his flagship schools too

Frogenstein

Yes, we did.

But I don't think we travelled any better than a Kansas State, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, or Baylor would have. In fact, I'd guess all of those schools save for Baylor would have had more demand for tickets and "travelled" a bit better than we did.

It's simply a numbers game.
I agree except for Baylor. We sold our entire Fiesta Bowl allotment and asked for more tickets which we also sold out and then asked for yet more tickets. Baylor after years of being arguably the worst team in college football couldn’t even sell their original allotment of tickets returning a large portion of them.

CryptoMiner

This is a tone death statement and this PAC 12 commissioner needs to be more proactive than his predecessors. If not, either the BiG10 or SEC will come for his flagship schools too

Not sure what the B10 will do but you have to believe if they make a move USC is on the top of their list. Washington and Oregon possibly also.

Good news is if they, the B10, raid the PAC it helps TCU and others in the B12.

Eight

Not sure what the B10 will do but you have to believe if they make a move USC is on the top of their list. Washington and Oregon possibly also.

Good news is if they, the B10, raid the PAC it helps TCU and others in the B12.

say play to the egos which would be uo (i.e. phil knight) and usc. ucla has too many strings attached with the entire cal system and udub has to decide it it is okay to actually care and try to be good in sports or not

Eight

The LHN is the gift that just keeps giving...

Good grief. That thing has almost single handedly destroyed college football.

discussed multiple times with a couple of longhorn friends that texas and dodds were the perfect patsy for espn and not the other way around

sure, this thing has cost espn money, but they needed a test case to see if it would be possibly viable to sell a singled school on a cable platform and aside from no other school having control of their rights like texas no other school was so egotistical to believe that they were interesting enough to make this thing actually work

CryptoMiner

E7URBrAXsAMXIpp

Big Frog II

Not good news, but just talk

Pac-12 commissioner Greg Kliavkoff: “We believe the move by Texas and Oklahoma strengthens our unique position as the only Power 5 conference with teams in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.”
This guy better not get to high and mighty. Once the Big 10 hauls off USC, Oregon, UCLA, and Washington, they may need us more than we need them.