• The KillerFrogs

Micah Peavey

Delray Frog

Peavy is an excellent addition. He was a top 50 national recruit on every list last year and was ranked as the number 2 recruit in the state. Now we get him after he has had the opportunity to start in 25 games as a freshman. I'm very excited that Dixon was able to get him when most thought he would follow Beard to Texas. Some of you guys can continue to bash the coaches, and even the new transfers, but it seems to me that we are getting better players than we are losing and that is a good thing in my opinion. Especially with players that are bigger, stronger and more experienced. Team turnover is the new world of college basketball. There are over 1300 players in the portal now. There will be no continuity building a team any more so you had better just hope you get better players than you are losing and it seems like our coaches are doing that.

CountryFrog

Peavy is an excellent addition. He was a top 50 national recruit on every list last year and was ranked as the number 2 recruit in the state. Now we get him after he has had the opportunity to start in 25 games as a freshman. I'm very excited that Dixon was able to get him when most thought he would follow Beard to Texas. Some of you guys can continue to bash the coaches, and even the new transfers, but it seems to me that we are getting better players than we are losing and that is a good thing in my opinion. Especially with players that are bigger, stronger and more experienced. Team turnover is the new world of college basketball. There are over 1300 players in the portal now. There will be no continuity building a team any more so you had better just hope you get better players than you are losing and it seems like our coaches are doing that.
I try not to ever "bash" the coaches or players on anonymous internet message boards. But how could you possibly be surprised people are bashing the coaches? Since making the tournament the team has gotten progressively worse each season. I see no reason to heap praise on the staff at this point until some actual winning takes place.

And as far as the new players go - I haven't seen anyone bash any of them but maybe I've missed that. It's certainly not their fault that the program has struggled so much in the past.

Eight

I hope we don’t want him to stand at the three point line and shoot. He’s a slasher who should be good in ISO situations.

Welcome to TCU, Micah.

agree and i definitely think there is value with having a quality scoring option from 15-18 feet and in to the basket

Eight

not sure we will continue to see the free access of transfers after this year and that is the reason for all the movement. if the ncaa puts the transfer rules back in place that we saw before covid i just don't think you are going to see the same level of movement.

additionally, i think building a team is still going to be needed to win and not be competitive. the key will be able to identify fits and have a system that makes the most of your talent.

in response to adding players who are bigger and stronger etc... that is all on paper at this time and while that is a positive trend it still has to be proven on the court

Wexahu

not sure we will continue to see the free access of transfers after this year and that is the reason for all the movement. if the ncaa puts the transfer rules back in place that we saw before covid i just don't think you are going to see the same level of movement.

additionally, i think building a team is still going to be needed to win and not be competitive. the key will be able to identify fits and have a system that makes the most of your talent.

in response to adding players who are bigger and stronger etc... that is all on paper at this time and while that is a positive trend it still has to be proven on the court

Just not allowing immediate eligibility will curb 90% of this nonsense, if not more. But they have to enforce it strongly, none of this running every case by the NCAA for a "review". I don't have much confidence that they will.

RoyaltyWorePurple

Just not allowing immediate eligibility will curb 90% of this nonsense, if not more. But they have to enforce it strongly, none of this running every case by the NCAA for a "review". I don't have much confidence that they will.
I think having caps on stuff works too. I said this elsewhere-
Played more than 50% of available minutes? Have to sit
Started more than 60% of conference games? Have to sit if in conference transfer.

Waiver- Coach leave? Automatic
Transferring closer to home for personal reasons? (hardship waiver) Case by case