• The KillerFrogs

How FFF are you?

Punter1

Deep Purple made a bet with another poster back in June or so that college football would have zero fans in attendance, and if we did have fans attend games which was impossible, he would never post on this board again haha

Is that seriously why he's gone?? Hadn't seen him on here...hadn't really noticed or missed him, haha....but come to think of it...He has been quite absent.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Deep Purple made a bet with another poster back in June or so that college football would have zero fans in attendance, and if we did have fans attend games which was impossible, he would never post on this board again haha
Really? Wow. If so he has been a man of his word

Limp Lizard

I started in the early days with Tired of Frank, Toad Trailer, Don, Old Rip, Traditionalist, Horned Frog Pride, Whitewolf. We would meet at an internet bar near the convention center (Internet Rodeo?) with guests like Hyman(the evening after the announcement of the MWC) and Billy Tubbs with his staff, including McClain. On line we once had the incredibly dense Commissioner of the WAC (Karl Benson) who could not even understand how to do a chat online,

I think Scott came to Killerfrogs later, even after the formation of Killerfrogs. I was in that first group of owners led by Wes, that formed Killerfrogs the first time, and I don't remember meeting Scott for some years later.

Anyway at that time we had the chat function going and heavily addended; we (especially Wes) would give hell to a certain person who was passionate but....quirky, let's say,... by inventing mythical recruits and get that FFFer all fired up. Toad Trailer changed his name to "Fairly Hibbert" due to one of this unnamed individual's many misspellings which often left us wondering what he had said. Once evening about three or four were chatting with this individual (named above). He would post his usual post with 1-3 spelling errors; we would chat back using those errors, he would post again adding more errors. About 10-15 posts in Wes, Fairly Hibbert and I would basically be typing out gibberish.

Those were good times when you could talk about TCU sports without someone throwing in political comments.

sketchy

I've been around since about 1999 +/-
I used to go under a different name, but was an a-hole back then, and was much-hated.
I deleted myself, then re-invented myself and became a better person.
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but still love this forum.

lowfrog

Well, that's sad. Believe Deep is a TCU admin and he did provide some good info about TCU, especially campus plans, buildings, etc. Wish he would start posting again. The whole black jacket episode was epic. Think about it every time there's a gameday blackout scheduled in the stadium. MWC football championship shirt I still wear is black.