• The KillerFrogs

Galena Park-Northshore v. Austin Westlake

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Damned good game!

Westlake jumped out to an early lead, but Northshore was never out of it. Westlake held their lead until the 4th quarter, with just about 4 minutes left, when Northshore punched it in the endzone for a 21-17 lead. Westlake drove the field and scored a TD of their own to re-take the lead with just under 2 minutes to play on a 4th down run from the one. Northshore got the ball on their own 25, but a penalty took them back 5, then a sack took them back further still. On 4th and 19, a completed pass came up about a foot short of the line to get, and Westlake ran out the remaining clock.

Eight

slc beats duncanville, scheiss samples, and that sets up the dodge boy of slc vs westlake.

the other 6a title game is cedar hill vs katy so just like the cfp we get four blue blood programs. don't know what katy has at quarterback, but slc, westlake, and cedar hill all three have some talent at quarterback

BrewingFrog

I was very, very impressed by the o-line play of Northshore. They had a running game that Westlake really had no answer to.

It was good to watch a well-played game.

Eight

North Shore or Westlake would probably win the state title in every state in the country.

People here in Austin are saying this is the best Westlake team ever, which is saying something obviously.

not sure about california as mater dei this year was going to be loaded, more talent than the team that beat john bosco two years ago or bosco last year.

Armadillo

As a Westlake Alumn, class of 90, I’m very proud of this team. I actually know Todd Dodge and he’s a good guy. Failed at the college game but a damn fine high school coach.

Go Frogs first and foremost.

But go Chaps as well for me.

*I did not play football for Westlake. I was a varsity basketball player. And varsity track as well. High jump of 6’5. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Armadillo

I would love for TCU to get Cade Klubnik. He’s a stud QB.

I saw we have Penny Baker (from Westlake but a walk-on) on the roster who is from Westlake. Wish we recruited more Central Austin. But I also don’t complain about our recruiting. Lots of good TCU teams the last 20 years.

BrewingFrog

I would love for TCU to get Cade Klubnik. He’s a stud QB.

I saw we have Penny Baker (from Westlake but a walk-on) on the roster who is from Westlake. Wish we recruited more Central Austin. But I also don’t complain about our recruiting. Lots of good TCU teams the last 20 years.
Westlake had some good DE play. Tall, rangy kids that were like little Aaron Schobels running around out there...

BAM Frog

Kicking myself for not recording this game. I was at SLC vs Duncanville. Great game. Q. Ewers was off. Went 11-25 for 168 yards, 2 TDs. Stark contract to his 450 yard, 6 TD performance the week before. Looking forward to the title game.

Froglaw

North Shore or Westlake would probably win the state title in every state in the country.

People here in Austin are saying this is the best Westlake team ever, which is saying something obviously.

Wish I could go to a HS game without a mask.

Maybe this fall.!