• The KillerFrogs

I guess Jeremy and I will just have to disagree

Moose Stuff

Based on their age when they were hired to coach a position, their numbers of years in football, and their other places of employment, I really don't think the situations are all that similar. Those guys paid their dues far more than KH will have if he gets the job.

This is just my opinion, but it seems like KH has just been kind of coddled by GP since he got here, like GP was so thrilled he decided to transfer here that he just could hardly get over it. Just my impression based on observations from afar. And when I've seen KH on the sidelines, it seems like he's fraternizing with the players as much as he is coaching. Maybe that was part of his job.

Age is beyond irrelevant to me and none of them had enough experience to really say he was considerably more experienced than Kenny. It's pretty silly to me to not think the situations are at all similar but you're fully entitled to the opinion .

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No he hasn’t. Not by any definition of the word “great”
He was integral in pulling a 4 star QB into the class at the last minute. Are you privy to every player he has recruited or failed to recruit? Or is this a feeling?

I’m assuming you will use the word “great” to say that Alabama recruiters are great so by definition no one at TCU is great.

Pharm Frog

He was integral in pulling a 4 star QB into the class at the last minute. Are you privy to every player he has recruited or failed to recruit? Or is this a feeling?

I’m assuming you will use the word “great” to say that Alabama recruiters are great so by definition no one at TCU is great.

How has that 4 star recruit performed? I strongly prefer outcomes before declarations of greatness. Are YOU privy to who is responsible for bringing in certain players or is it just a feeling?

Moose Stuff

How has that 4 star recruit performed? I strongly prefer outcomes before declarations of greatness. Are YOU privy to who is responsible for bringing in certain players or is it just a feeling?

"Outcomes" is evaluating. Getting the targets to commit and sign is recruiting. 2 different things IMO. You can be good at one and not the other.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m not. But I also didn’t make a declarative statement about it.

This isn’t meant to be an argument. You just seemed extremely confident about KH’s recruiting ability so I wondered what you know about it.

Pharm Frog

I’m not. But I also didn’t make a declarative statement about it.

This isn’t meant to be an argument. You just seemed extremely confident about KH’s recruiting ability so I wondered what you know about it.

I simply think there’s far too little evidence to declare anything much less “greatness”

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I simply think there’s far too little evidence to declare anything much less “greatness”
Probably true but I have zero idea how much evidence there is from the past three years. For all I know he is responsible for the entirety of the last three recruiting classes. Or he hasn’t done a thing.

4th. down

Based on their age when they were hired to coach a position, their numbers of years in football, and their other places of employment, I really don't think the situations are all that similar. Those guys paid their dues far more than KH will have if he gets the job.

This is just my opinion, but it seems like KH has just been kind of coddled by GP since he got here, like GP was so thrilled he decided to transfer here that he just could hardly get over it. Just my impression based on observations from afar. And when I've seen KH on the sidelines, it seems like he's fraternizing with the players as much as he is coaching. Maybe that was part of his job.

I'm tracking the same as you on your last paragraph. I've always thought that and GP has mentioned Kenny's family in a good light several times......ok, nothing wrong with any of this and we will know the outcome soon enough. I just cannot think that Kenny learned enough about high quality QB coaching from Sonny.......I just don't see it, hopefully I'm wrong because if not, another couple of years lost again due to QB development.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I get all of the recruiting points and all, but how about someone that knows how/can develop the talent once they get to campus. This has been a problem for awhile now. Especially at the QB position. What good is a great recruiter if he doesn't know how to develop it?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I get all of the recruiting points and all, but how about someone that knows how/can develop the talent once they get to campus. This has been a problem for awhile now. Especially at the QB position. What good is a great recruiter if he doesn't know how to develop it?
What good is a great developer if he doesn’t have anyone to develop?

Tumbleweed

Coaches are like players... y'gotta grow 'em up.

You're right FAb. No one stops learning. Considering all things, this may be a brilliant move. No names here but all are saying this kid could be a diamond once he's confirmed as coach with title.. His enthusiasm is infectious and it draws you in. Understand the kids he talks to on the recruiting trail think he is so cool and walk away loving TCU. That's heavy stuff folks.

Salfrog

Tier 1
What good is a great developer if he doesn’t have anyone to develop?

Since he is a great recruiter, that obviously isn't going to be a problem getting anyone to develop. The question is, once he gets them here can he develop their technique, foot work, correct/improve throwing motion, read defenses. These are things that he would be expected to do as a position coach. At least that's what position coaches were responsible for from what I remember.

Again, you can have a whole staff of used car salesmen, but can they actually finalize & seal the deal? I believe he would make a good recruiter, but still don't feel he would be able to do those other things. It obviously doesn't matter, because this is pretty much a done deal. So it is what it is.

As I have said before, I truly hope he proves me completely wrong and becomes the great QB whisperer we all were lead to believe Cumbie was suppose to be.