• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Jamie Dixon’s tenure at TCU falling short of realistic expectations

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Jamie Dixon’s tenure at TCU falling short of realistic expectations

BY Big Steaming Pile

When Jamie Dixon left Pittsburgh to “come home” to TCU no one at the football-minded school thought its basketball team would become Kansas overnight, or any night.

And TCU basketball under Jamie Dixon should be just a better than where they currently sit, which does not even include No. 6 Kansas abusing the Horned Frogs on Tuesday night, 93-64.

Kansas came to Fort Worth having most recently lost by double digits to Texas and The Shaka Smarts in Lawrence; Bill Self’s latest group of 5-stars and prep school products were not going to lose two straight.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article248302005.html

Salfrog

Tier 1
As much as I am not a fan of Muck, he is right in this article. It seems we do well in non conference play, but when we start playing conference games, it gets real ugly around DMC, with the exception of a couple of games here & there. TCU isn't getting the returns on what they are paying Dixon. There are basketball boosters that are starting to get very frustrated with the direction the MBB program after all of the money that has been invested into it.

Rose Bowl

As much as I am not a fan of Muck, he is right in this article. It seems we do well in non conference play, but when we start playing conference games, it gets real ugly around DMC, with the exception of a couple of games here & there. TCU isn't getting the returns on what they are paying Dixon. There are basketball boosters that are starting to get very frustrated with the direction the MBB program after all of the money that has been invested into it.
There aren’t enough people who care to make it hard for the AD. I wish it was different but it’s reality. I think we just have to ride it out and hope to be good every 3rd or 4th year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I refuse to read his drivel.

However, one must admit that, as a team, we haven't got a lick of consistency. Played tough last game, flopped over like a skewered pig in this one. Oh, and UT beat them by about 25 just the other night.

Punter1

CJD could go to the NCAA tournament every year and Muck would still find something wrong. He's just trying to sell papers for a dying rag.

$10 he pre-wrote this [ Finebaum ]ty column...he loves trashing our programs. And $10 says he and the FWST will be gone in two years...

ticketfrog123

There aren’t enough people who care to make it hard for the AD. I wish it was different but it’s reality. I think we just have to ride it out and hope to be good every 3rd or 4th year.

so our basketball program has higher expectations than the football program?

we tend to have a good football team every 3 or 4 years.

Wexahu

It's mostly bad basketball, sometimes really, really bad. We haven't looked like a well-coached team a long while. It's basketball, sure you're gonna get some wins when the shots are going down, but we consistently allow easier shots than we take, and that is the mark of a poorly coached team.

You are right, we aren't getting the returns for what has been, and is being, invested in the program.

Rose Bowl

It's mostly bad basketball, sometimes really, really bad. We haven't looked like a well-coached team a long while. It's basketball, sure you're gonna get some wins when the shots are going down, but we consistently allow easier shots than we take, and that is the mark of a poorly coached team.

You are right, we aren't getting the returns for what has been, and is being, invested in the program.
We are what we are. We are not well coached and we play undisciplined. I will always think our program should be good but realize most people don’t care. I’m good with it.

Wexahu

We are what we are. We are not well coached and we play undisciplined. I will always think our program should be good but realize most people don’t care. I’m good with it.

I care, but I'm not a big fan of the program right now, basically because I'm not a big fan of the guy who is running it. I think he's got a really arrogant persona about him that rubs a lot of people (and players) the wrong way, and I can't stand his constant barking of instructions on literally every possession (over-coaching, you might call it), and I don't particularly like his coaching philosophy which if I'm honest is hard to understand what that is exactly at the moment.

Never met the guy. Just my personal opinion based on observing for 5 years.

Rose Bowl

I care, but I'm not a big fan of the program right now, basically because I'm not a big fan of the guy who is running it. I think he's got a really arrogant persona about him that rubs a lot of people (and players) the wrong way, and I can't stand his constant barking of instructions on literally every possession (over-coaching, you might call it), and I don't particularly like his coaching philosophy which if I'm honest is hard to understand what that is exactly at the moment.

Never met the guy. Just my personal opinion based on observing for 5 years.
Well his philosophy is really simple but the problem is that he doesn’t adjust at all. His constant overcoaching is very tiresome.

Endless Purple

I do think the team is inconsistent with focus and effort - that is on coaching. So good coach, but not great. However, when you are sitting tied at 5th place in a conference that has 5 teams ranked in the top 18 - not too bad. Engel is a scummy writer and I do not click on his content or the Star Telegram content.

Kansas was focused after being embarrassed and was going to go off on whoever they were playing.