• The KillerFrogs

Chandler Morris transfers to TCU

froginmn

really good recruiting pitch for QBs. If you go undrafted and then work for the team for 1 year as a grad assistant + 1 year as an offensive analyst, then we’ll give you $250k to $300k to be a QB coach.
I'm sure that's what most of our QB recruits are worried about.

CountryFrog

You're entitled to your opinion. I mean it's kinda weird, but still....
Not weird at all. There's no way that anyone who is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct as a junior in college can ever be a good coach later in life. Just no way. Do a survey of every successful football coach in college and the NFL and you won't find a single 15 yard penalty amongst them in their lives.

CountryFrog

Everyone of the debates about coaching always comes down to 1/2 the posters thinking every coach is an incompetent buddy of GPs and the other 1/2 thinking GPs is a hiring savant that has the absolute best staff money can buy...Neither or true but I enjoy the rhetoric
I doubt there are many people at all who fall into either of those categories actually but I get your point.

Moose Stuff

not trying to be funny here and am asking honestly, do many mlb teams have assistant pitching coaches?

I don't care to go look it up, but yes, many/most teams now employ more than 1 pitching coach. Tampa for example has a pitching coach, a bullpen coach, and 3 pitching coordinators. Some guys specialize more in analytics, others in pitch design, and others are more the traditional pitching coach. Game is changing.