• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Prairie View thread....

Eight

question for those who were either at the game or watched it.

did the frogs continue the style of free flowing play on the offensive end pushing the ball up after misses or did they revert back to the grind out each possession in the half court that would make chuck daly smile?

Rose Bowl

question for those who were either at the game or watched it.

did the frogs continue the style of free flowing play on the offensive end pushing the ball up after misses or did they revert back to the grind out each possession in the half court that would make chuck daly smile?
We did not play fast. Some of that might have been a worry that without RJ we were worried about turnovers, which turned out to be a problem, and felt that we could just play them straight up.

Eight

We did not play fast. Some of that might have been a worry that without RJ we were worried about turnovers, which turned out to be a problem, and felt that we could just play them straight up.

thanks and it sounded like instead of trusting his players when there was a chance to grow dixon reverted back

Dogfrog

I didn’t like what I saw either but as to ball handling doubt RJ would have been a big help other than being an additional (not better) ball handler plus his scoring. We are ignoring the effort of the opponent. Yea they are 1-4, and likely going nowhere but last night they were extremely aggressive for 40 full minutes full court, the refs mostly let them play, and we didn’t respond to their effort. They have played one game at home which they won, lost on the road at Louisville, WSU, ArkLR, TCU.

CountryFrog

Bitching about a win again. Good to see kf.c is still kf.c.
While I do understand that fans are always going to be disappointed in a performance like this, I do always think it's funny when there is this type of reaction to that kind of game. As if at the end of the season any person is actually going to give a [ Finebaum ] how the Prairie View game went.

We're going to find out really soon how good this team is. And then this game will go back to meaning absolutely nothing.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Curious if you watched the game. I mean yeah we won, but it was real hard to watch.
You don't know me clearly. I watched every second of it as I usually do. Am I happy with the performance? No. But I'm not putting much stock or thought into how we looked in a game against a team we didn't know we were playing until less than a week earlier - unexpectedly without our leading scorer at that. We played poorly and looked disinterested. Not a reflection IMHO of our potential or even our baseline.

We get beat by KSU by 10+? At that point I'm concerned. Last night wasn't fun to watch but we won, and everyone will have forgotten about this game if we even managed to go .500 in our next 4.

Missing RJ hurt and lackadaisical play somewhat understanding considering the opponent but we seemed a step slow mentally and physically. Miles not be injured probably the best thing about that game. Heart skipped a beat there when he went down. Hopefully we will be at full strength as we head to KSU- need a solid game to get some momentum going before through a gauntlet with 7 of 8 games against top 13 teams.

Rose Bowl

I’m going to die on this hill but when you struggle against teams you are vastly superior to that falls on the coaches. We haven’t played one game at home worth a damn. Our best game was probably OU and we lost that game.

I’m not going to apologize for having high standards. I understand that I’m in the minority of caring how our basketball team plays but I will never lower my expectations.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I’m going to die on this hill but when you struggle against teams you are vastly superior to that falls on the coaches. We haven’t played one game at home worth a damn. Our best game was probably OU and we lost that game.

I’m not going to apologize for having high standards. I understand that I’m in the minority of caring how our basketball team plays but I will never lower my expectations.

aTm