• The KillerFrogs

BestofArkansasSports: Hogs Deprived of Whupping TCU and Its “One-Trick Pony” Offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
BestofArkansasSports: Hogs Deprived of Whupping TCU and Its “One-Trick Pony” Offense

Now that COVID-19 has had the last laugh, and Feleipe Franks looking like a lock to enter the NFL Draft, the biggest question left in the 2020 Razorback football season is whether Jonathan Marshall will join him or return for 2021.

The AP All-SEC defensive lineman was a revelation this season, helping spearhead an attack that could disrupt the run games of opposing offenses when that was the focus. In an otherwise forgetful season finale, Marshall and defensive teammates, along with a wet turf, showed out against Alabama’s superstar tailback Najee Harris by holding him to 3.3 yards per carry — less than half of his 5.9 average on the year.

Marshall was a big reason that Arkansas was set to win the Texas Bowl that was canceled today. Too many TCU players, unfortunately, tested positive for the coronavirus. Also unfortunate: TCU decided to announce its results this afternoon, right as Arkansas was set to leave for Houston. That left practically no time left to schedule a replacement.

Read more at https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/hogs-deprived-a-whupping-of-tcu-and-its-one-trick-pony-offense/

Moose Stuff

I highly doubt we didn’t know something a day or two prior to yesterday.

And that would have given Arkansas time to find another opponent? Maybe we announced it late because we were doing everything possible to play the game? I'm certain we knew the game was in jeopardy but I don't see anything even remotely suspicious about the idea that we didn't know for sure until just yesterday.

OICU812

We'd lose because TCU doesn't have a "balanced offense," like *Florida*. Florida, which averaged 120 yards rushing per game and 388 passing and hasn't had a single runner get 100 in a game all year. Meanwhile TCU is 214 and 196. I'm not sure we understand the meaning of "balance" the same way.

Also, when will those SEC teams learn to play some defense?

ticketfrog123

I think that the article is likely spot on. From all appearances it seems like Arkie wanted this game more and that counts for a lot in every game but especially bowl games.

even the part about the Arkansas DL “holding Alabama in check” aka losing by 49?

delusional article all around where they focus on one Bama RB’s stats but leave out the lose by 50 part