• The KillerFrogs

Missy Bevers Murder Case

Skip Jansen

I was talking to a buddy of mine in law enforcement recently. He brought up this case. He knows a lot about it and told me a few things that have not been released publicly. Very strange case. I was not around at the time. Was there much discussion on here about it? Any posters local to Midlothian?

PO Frog

I've never seen it discussed on here but have seen various Dateline, 20/20 types of shows on it. Seems like it would have been super easy to catch the fat, limping, man/woman dressed up as a cop who was caught on video, especially in such a small town. Sad case.

Skip Jansen

I've never seen it discussed on here but have seen various Dateline, 20/20 types of shows on it. Seems like it would have been super easy to catch the fat, limping, man/woman dressed up as a cop who was caught on video, especially in such a small town. Sad case.

Agreed. Very sad. I got the feeling from talking with him that they have a good idea who was involved (at least from his agency's standpoint) or at least a working theory.

From what I gathered, they think the local authorities may have released too much information early on. Still thinks it will be solved though.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I would LOVE to discuss this with anybody who has inside knowledge. Have listened to true crime podcasts due excellent breakdowns. Conclusions from them, if I recall, boiled down to "something's not being told to the public".

It seems like a bizarre, probably targeted, crime.

Skip Jansen

I would LOVE to discuss this with anybody who has inside knowledge. Have listened to true crime podcasts due excellent breakdowns. Conclusions from them, if I recall, boiled down to "something's not being told to the public".

Okay. Let's discuss. Like I said, I was told some things you might find interesting. Also (from what I'm told), the unreleased video is crucial. What it shows virtually guarantees she was targeted.

Last edited:

PO Frog

She had to have been targeted but what do you know that you can discuss here, because I assume your source wouldn't want you repeating it? Always thought it was too convenient that her husband was out of town when it happened.

Skip Jansen

She had to have been targeted but what do you know that you can discuss here, because I assume your source wouldn't want you repeating it? Always thought it was too convenient that her husband was out of town when it happened.

There are some things we can talk about but I'll tread lightly. Plus, this board is probably far enough off the beaten path. I wouldn't say anything that might jeopardize the investigation.

I agree with you about the alibi. Murder investigations are a lot like basketball recruiting. There usually aren't any coincidences.

Skip Jansen

Had to have been the father in law, he and the person in the video had the same gait

This is what I was told about the released video, gait, etc. While it Is important, it has done more to help the suspect than it has law enforcement. As a matter of fact, apparently nobody in LE considered it could possibly be a female until it went public.

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

Did you think it was weird that the information regarding the cause of death, murder weapon was so ambiguous?

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Did you think it was weird that the information regarding the cause of death, murder weapon was so ambiguous?
Quite. That's what leads me to believe they have/had a suspect or two even back then. Or at least some type of leads to where they don't need everything out there so they can catch someone in a lie.

The other thing I was thinking was, what if this person was in there to simply cause minor vandalism over some grudge, thus the half-assed movements and pace, but then was interrupted and darker stuff went down?

Really hard to know what to think though, with so little information. If I recall correctly (it's been a couple months) it was insinuated in the podcast that they have things on camera NOT released to the public - maybe not the murder itself, but other footage.

Skip Jansen

Quite. That's what leads me to believe they have/had a suspect or two even back then. Or at least some type of leads to where they don't need everything out there so they can catch someone in a lie.

The other thing I was thinking was, what if this person was in there to simply cause minor vandalism over some grudge, thus the half-assed movements and pace, but then was interrupted and darker stuff went down?

Really hard to know what to think though, with so little information. If I recall correctly (it's been a couple months) it was insinuated in the podcast that they have things on camera NOT released to the public - maybe not the murder itself, but other footage.

Yes. Like I mentioned earlier. The unreleased video is crucial.

I can't say too much about it except that she apparently heard something when she entered the church.

Also (and I hope this is something I can divulge), there was apparently evidence of a gun shot. But.... no bullet or casing was found. Weird huh?

if this is erased later, you'll know why. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts