• The KillerFrogs

Missy Bevers Murder Case

Skip Jansen

I just stumbled upon a podcast that has several hours of specific discussion on this case. But they need a sound person. The audio quality is so inconsistent it is making it near unlistenable.

Apparently they got a copy of a heavily-redacted report from MPD a few months back...

MPD is not gonna release much information (especially when it comes to who they are speaking with). If they are dealing with someone who is criminal law savvy, they don't need to show their hand.

netty2424

Without any hard evidence, a good lawyer could get the person in SWAT gear off. Hopefully, during the investigation both son and father had a lawyer present. If not police could have pressured them into saying something untrue or not 100% truthful. That gait comparison though... pretty similar. Only problem is the gut and hump on the SWAT suit aren't big enough for the father.
I noticed the gut thing too, but i chalked it up to him wearing that police vest that held him together. Kind of like the spanks that the women's be wearing!

Skip Jansen

Re-listening to the crime junkie podcast on it at work this afternoon. I had forgotten that there is a mystery car on surveillance that didn't match any family suspects, captured tooling around that area at an hour that makes no sense to be there. Also a lot of suspicions around the assertion (which I can't 100% verify) that police would not confirm or deny if the "SWAT" gear worn in the video is authentic to a local department. If they don't call it a fake, I lean towards it being real.

I think the theory on the suspicious car is that the killer may have broken in originally to see if the church had a silent alarm. He then went to the adjacent parking to see if LE showed up. He returned and disabled the exterior cameras (with a laser I think he said). Didn't understand that 100%.

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

Found out some more regarding the evidence.

Apparently, there are bathrooms close to the door Missy entered. The suspect was waiting in or just outside that area. It was basically an ambush.

I was also told that the suspect attempted to 'clean up'. But, not 'clean up' in the manner one would expect. Totally confused on that one.

Lastly, the 'gait' was once a big piece of evidence. They now think it was caused by the shoes worn and the possibility that the suspect had a concealed weapon strapped to their right leg.

netty2424

Found out some more regarding the evidence.

Apparently, there are bathrooms close to the door Missy entered. The suspect was waiting in or just outside that area. It was basically an ambush.

I was also told that the suspect attempted to 'clean up'. But, not 'clean up' in the manner one would expect. Totally confused on that one.

Lastly, the 'gait' was once a big piece of evidence. They now think it was caused by the shoes worn and the possibility that the suspect had a concealed weapon strapped to their right leg.
There’s a pecker joke in there somewhere.