• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU junior defensive tackle Ross Blacklock declares for NFL draft

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU junior defensive tackle Ross Blacklock declares for NFL draft

By Drew Davison

TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock is ready to take his game to the next level.

Blacklock declared for the NFL draft Friday, ending his college career by becoming an early entrant in the 2020 draft. He made the announcement through his Twitter account.

Blacklock thanked TCU coach Gary Patterson and defensive line coach Zarnell Fitch, as well as the TCU community as a whole.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237917649.html#storylink=cpy

Purp

I think he decided to declare to avoid suspension of the first half of next year's opener.

Too bad he'll have to sit out the first half of the Senior Bowl, though.

Limp Lizard

I just hope he got good advice. If you leave early and don't go in the first two years you have wasted a lot of money. You only leave early if you were flunking our or were going to be kicked off the team. I doubt the latter. Know nothing about the former, but still doubt it.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I just hope he got good advice. If you leave early and don't go in the first two years you have wasted a lot of money. You only leave early if you were flunking our or were going to be kicked off the team. I doubt the latter. Know nothing about the former, but still doubt it.

From what I read, he was given a "stay in school" rating because they felt he needed to play a full season healthy and work on a couple of things. Him deciding to come out after being advised to stay makes me wonder if there are other things going on with the team, or is he just worried about possible injury again.

I asked what the "stay in school" rating meant, and was told that it meant the he wasn't projected going in the draft until 3rd or 4th round, or later. I personally don't see him going later than the 3rd round, but could very well be wrong.

Wexahu

From what I read, he was given a "stay in school" rating because they felt he needed to play a full season healthy and work on a couple of things. Him deciding to come out after being advised to stay makes me wonder if there are other things going on with the team, or is he just worried about possible injury again.

I asked what the "stay in school" rating meant, and was told that it meant the he wasn't projected going in the draft until 3rd or 4th round, or later. I personally don't see him going later than the 3rd round, but could very well be wrong.

He was a good player for us but probably not the dominating force it was assumed he was. If what you are saying is true, that’s not that high a draft spot, I would have expected his projection to be a bit higher.

Limp Lizard

Can't help that that Achilles injury slowed him down some. I guess if you need to go, but you may be looking at millions initially. If he is drafted in the 4 round then works his way up to a starter, after three or four years he will be making what he would have made if he had stayed, only without that big signing bonus. Oh, well.
I wish him luck.

My big hope is he is going into this with open eyes and is not believing some pie-in-the-sky dreams of his family or is falling for the lies of an agent. If he realizes he will be a late round pick, but feels now is still the time, then more power to him. I still think he has the talent to become a starter in a couple of years or so, given the right team and coaching.

4th. down

He is probably injury shy and also his family wanting him to go now for monetary reasons. He was 1st. team All Big 12 even though he only played 2 years so there's that. We, the TCU faithful, hold him in high regard, and he was certainly a clog for us in the middle of that defensive line although he didn't make that many tackles, but that may have been because of our scheme.

He's listed at 6'4" @ 305lbs., so the accurate stats. will come from the combine what he really is, but 305 lbs. is not that big for a pro nose. Take LSU nose tackles @ 6'3", 346 lbs. and 6'4" @ 354 lbs. and they are sophomore and freshman. It appears he has received good advice.

MTfrog5

He is probably injury shy and also his family wanting him to go now for monetary reasons. He was 1st. team All Big 12 even though he only played 2 years so there's that. We, the TCU faithful, hold him in high regard, and he was certainly a clog for us in the middle of that defensive line although he didn't make that many tackles, but that may have been because of our scheme.

He's listed at 6'4" @ 305lbs., so the accurate stats. will come from the combine what he really is, but 305 lbs. is not that big for a pro nose. Take LSU nose tackles @ 6'3", 346 lbs. and 6'4" @ 354 lbs. and they are sophomore and freshman. It appears he has received good advice.
Aaron Donald weighs 280

Chico Dusty

Can't help that that Achilles injury slowed him down some. I guess if you need to go, but you may be looking at millions initially. If he is drafted in the 4 round then works his way up to a starter, after three or four years he will be making what he would have made if he had stayed, only without that big signing bonus. Oh, well.
I wish him luck.

My big hope is he is going into this with open eyes and is not believing some pie-in-the-sky dreams of his family or is falling for the lies of an agent. If he realizes he will be a late round pick, but feels now is still the time, then more power to him. I still think he has the talent to become a starter in a couple of years or so, given the right team and coaching.

You don’t know where he would be drafted if he stayed. So many things can go wrong. So many things can stay the same. Too many ppl just assume he will automatically get better and his draft stock will change. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.

Limp Lizard

You don’t know where he would be drafted if he stayed. So many things can go wrong. So many things can stay the same. Too many ppl just assume he will automatically get better and his draft stock will change. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.
Sure, things can happen. But TCU is O-Fer on guys leaving early. But many, are in the NFL who stayed. If your were playing Russian Roulette and had a revolver will 1 filled chamber and one with 5 filled chambers on a table, which will you pick? There is a chance that the 5 is the safe choice....but if forced, I'll take the one with one cartridge, thank you.

Jackson

Good Luck Ross....hope you didn’t fawk up by leaving early. I think you could have showed them more if you’d stayed another year.

Casey T

Ross is plenty big and has slimmed down in the last year or two. Packing on more pounds of fat doesn’t make you better

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Any round in which he is drafted will still result in an annual salary that is higher than 98 percent of the people on here. Who is anyone to fault the guy for wanting to get paid? Seems like those complaining loudest are more worried for your own selfish reasons than his best Interests.

Solid Frog. Wish him the best and next man up.

TCURiggs

Any round in which he is drafted will still result in an annual salary that is higher than 98 percent of the people on here. Who is anyone to fault the guy for wanting to get paid? Seems like those complaining loudest are more worried for your own selfish reasons than his best Interests.

Solid Frog. Wish him the best and next man up.

flyfishingfrog is in the 2%

4th. down

Ross is plenty big and has slimmed down in the last year or two. Packing on more pounds of fat doesn’t make you better

I tend to agree but at the time I posted that, I was just coming off the LSU game and their 2 nose tackles @ 350 lbs. and here LSU is in the National Title Game and we are......well forget it.

Eight

I tend to agree but at the time I posted that, I was just coming off the LSU game and their 2 nose tackles @ 350 lbs. and here LSU is in the National Title Game and we are......well forget it.

who said ross is playing nt in the nfl?

i can see him playing a 5 technique in a 3-man front