• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley impressed with what he’s seen from TCU’s Max Duggan

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley impressed with what he’s seen from TCU’s Max Duggan

By Drew Davison

Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley has seen plenty of Max Dugan this season, whether it’s been scouting other teams or preparing for Saturday’s matchup against TCU.

His takeaways?

“He’s an impressive kid, man,” Riley said on the Big 12 football coaches teleconference Monday. “He’s athletic, an aggressive runner and he’s got a really good guy coaching him, so you know he’s going to get better quickly like he has.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237498799.html#storylink=cpy

McGregor's Goat

I think Duggan is great and has been by far the best thing about this season but I almost never have any interest in anything a coach publicly says about his upcoming opponent. I'm pretty sure that Nick Saban talked up Arkansas this year. Riley is about to coach a home game where he is favored by 19 against a team that he has annihilated every time he has faced them as a head coach, in the great tradition of coach-speak he will naturally talk them up.

Last edited:

Froggish

If Max can pull this one off, we need to just hand him the keys to the kingdom. Going to take a great running game and a legendary performance out of Max to win this one. OU has won 7 of 8 since we've joined the B12 scoring an avg. of 36.25 Points on GP's vaunted defense. It gets worse after losing that Stoops "dead weight". Riley as head coach has put up 3-0 scoring 43.6 against GP. In my estimation we will have to go for 38-40 to win...We've only topped 40 once this year and that was against KU..

CountryFrog

I think Duggan is great and has been by far the best thing about this season but I almost never have any interest in anything a coach publicly says about his upcoming opponent. I'm pretty sure that Nick Saban talked up Arkansas this year. Riley is about to coach a home game where he is favored by 19 against a team that he has annihilated every time he has faced them as a head coach, in the great tradition of coach-speak he will naturally talk them up.
This is very true. I'm sure Lincoln said he was really impressed with Shawn Robinson going into last year's game too.

4th. down

I think we play them tight, like we lose 47-37.

If CeeDee Lamb is out and their TE, that helps a bunch. Our secondary is not good - too much youth and Gaines being out and Lewis never returning to his previous form, and Gladney out for the 1st. half, Hurts will have a good day. Plus, it's like GP says, to score TDs in the red zone you've got to run the ball, so there's that also.

Wexahu

I think we play them tight, like we lose 47-37.

If CeeDee Lamb is out and their TE, that helps a bunch. Our secondary is not good - too much youth and Gaines being out and Lewis never returning to his previous form, and Gladney out for the 1st. half, Hurts will have a good day. Plus, it's like GP says, to score TDs in the red zone you've got to run the ball, so there's that also.

This is one where we really do need to shorten the game as much as possible and try and keep our defense off the field, especially in the first half with by far our best CB out. I know everyone wants to see uptempo, fast break offense but I don't think that's a winning formula this week at all, if there is a winning formula.

MTfrog5

This is one where we really do need to shorten the game as much as possible and try and keep our defense off the field, especially in the first half with by far our best CB out. I know everyone wants to see uptempo, fast break offense but I don't think that's a winning formula this week at all, if there is a winning formula.
We will defer I’m sure

Froggish

I agree...This is a game that will get ugly if we don’t win TOP by a significant margin

Limp Lizard

Riley also throwing out the side compliment to Cumbie....praying we keep him
How many times have I seen that over the years when we have heard lots of praise about coaches who are very clearly not getting the job done. Heard it about Iba, Pat Sullivan, etc. Nothing but venom against Jim Wacker from Teaff and Sherrill, OTOH.

Limey Frog

Yeah, see Rhule's comment last week about all of our great receivers. Nine regulation time points later...