• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club lunch notes

Paint It Purple

GP said no about what? Sending Collins in for Dugggan?
Did Collins play? Answer seems obvious. You guys know how Gary talks. Maybe Gary knew Collins’ status to be no-way, no-how except as an absolute last resort. If I’m GP, that means he’s not available. You people are only looking at this from the standpoint he knew zero.

mc1502

I simply don’t believe the signs thing. Pretty sure it’s a red herring
I would rather it be that we just didn't prepare well enough, than believe we would be dumb enough to use the same signs we used two years prior when the opponent's head coach was on our staff.

netty2424

Did Collins play? Answer seems obvious. You guys know how Gary talks. Maybe Gary knew Collins’ status to be no-way, no-how except as an absolute last resort. If I’m GP, that means he’s not available. You people are only looking at this from the standpoint he knew zero.
I asked a simple question to better understand your post.

Of course Collins didn’t play. But clearly GP didn’t know he was good to go based on what he stated, which was something along the lines of Cumbie should’ve let him know sooner that he was ready to go.

So either GP truly didn’t know, or he has no scheissing idea what’s going on offensively, or really ship on Cumbie publicly for claiming Cumbie didn’t tell him he was ready to play.

None of which looks good on GP IMO.

Wexahu

I asked a simple question to better understand your post.

Of course Collins didn’t play. But clearly GP didn’t know he was good to go based on what he stated, which was something along the lines of Cumbie should’ve let him know sooner that he was ready to go.

So either GP truly didn’t know, or he has no scheissing idea what’s going on offensively, or really ship on Cumbie publicly for claiming Cumbie didn’t tell him he was ready to play.

None of which looks good on GP IMO.

If he truly didn't know whether Collins could play or not, this thing is f'd up worse than I could even imagine. There's just no way though....as much uncertainty and debate as there's been about the QB situation, even internally among the coaches, to not even know whether Mike Collins was available to play? There's just no freaking way.

netty2424

If he truly didn't know whether Collins could play or not, this thing is f'd up worse than I could even imagine. There's just no way though....as much uncertainty and debate as there's been about the QB situation, even internally among the coaches, to not even know whether Mike Collins was available to play? There's just no freaking way.
So then GP just felt the need after throwing Cumbie under the bus, to back the bus up and roll back over Cumbie?

Moose Stuff

Agree 110%. Again.... I listen to almost nothing he says in terms of trying to pull some actual substance from it.

Last edited:

texas_sicilian

Let’s see.......GP knows which kicker does best in pregame warmups and how far they can kick, but doesn’t know which QBs are available until the game is almost over. I don’t believe that [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]
I wasn’t there, but I would interpret that to mean that he was just reacting to the absurdity of the recommendation. Why are you suggesting this with six minutes left?

I could see it as a haphazard suggestion to him, and GP was just calling it out.

Pharm Frog

According to someone who would have been in the near perfect position to know, there would be a way and that way would have been closer to normal than not normal. Now that's been several years ago but I don't get the impression that much actually changes in the operations of TCU football.