• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club lunch notes

YA

1. We have a CB that is out besides Lewis. Might get Lewis back. Should get some folks back this week as well

2. His defense failed us against smu and it is his fault

3. They did steal our signs and they changed them for 2nd half

4. Will continue to change the signs as season progresses

5. OL Niang will play hurt for the rest of the season

6. Was approached with 6 minutes left in 4th to change qb to Collins--he claims he did not know Collins was ready to go and this should have been told to him earlier before the game

7. Will play whichever qb gets the win at this point

8. Team is focused and practicing much better than last week

9. Day games against ku seem to be to close

10. Some of ku offense scheme has lsu formations creeping in as the ku staff puts more in

11. The ku main rb starter is outstanding, the backup juco rb might be better

12. Need for the team to grow up

13. Said smu band will not be allowed on the field next time as they did vandalize at halftime--but the grounds crew got most of it, they hope

14. Mad that he lost to smu and damn sure will be better prepared to wipe the floor with them if we play them again.

15. Said Max will be a great player for us with reps and maturity. Will get that this season and he hopes for it during the ku game.

16. Said the transfer portal is hurting CFB. What houston is doing is basically telling the seniors that they don't want to win this year. Said it is a give up and he thinks that is not a good luck. houston will be hurt in recruiting by this move. He likes Dana, but he knows this is not how the game should be played.

17. NCAA is already looking to change the portal and the rules surrounding it

18. Coach was in relatively good mood.

Food was BBQ and catfish from Eddie Deans--was very good

Great crowd

Last edited:

Eight

I can't get myself to believe #6.

bus-zone-a-frame-signs-95131-lg.png

mesohornedfrog

I can't get myself to believe #6.
Ya, and at that point I feel if they make the switch it would have crushed Max's confidence. We were basically all in with him after not giving anyone else a series the whole game. Ultimately I think it's the right call, but kind of a weak throw in to say we could have used Mike. If you see him dressed and warming up, he's available, not that difficult

tcumaniac

Thanks for taking the time to type that up (I always look forward to your updates every thursday afternoon), but reading that that honestly just put me in a bad mood.

kidkarr

Ya, and at that point I feel if they make the switch it would have crushed Max's confidence. We were basically all in with him after not giving anyone else a series the whole game. Ultimately I think it's the right call, but kind of a weak throw in to say we could have used Mike. If you see him dressed and warming up, he's available, not that difficult
Some guys dress but are only available in an “emergency “ situation. Kinda like Rodgers in the bowl game.

HFrog12

Yah it should be made public. If that’s in fact what they did, they should send SMU athletics the bill for the new sod replacement.

Truthfully it's not even a funny prank. If we do have to re-sod or roots get killed then you are risking injury to players on that turf in the future. Our grounds crew worked all off-season to bring in and grow the new hybrid turf.