• The KillerFrogs

Out coached, out schemed and out played

Double V

Accep the blame Gary, this was your handpicked offensive coordinatormaking the calls and designing the game plan

your new WR coach who can’t seem to teach our guys how to get separation and your defense that let those guys hang that many points on us
Embarrassing effort all the way around

are you trying to kill me? Don’t cut my life even shorter than it is
And his D that gave up 41 to SMU...

CountryFrog

I just think the grading is done on a huge curve for the offense. The bar is really low for this offensive group. The defense is expected to play lights out every game.
Lights out? There's an ENORMOUS gap between lights out defense and what we saw today. We didn't need the defense to be anywhere near lights out to win this game.

CountryFrog

Anyone think the SMU offense was awful today? They scored 3 MORE points than our offense did and they got 7 off those handed to them on a silver platter.

There were some really bad offensive moments but this team needs to be able to win games where they score 38.

Wexahu

Anyone think the SMU offense was awful today? They scored 3 MORE points than our offense did and they got 7 off those handed to them on a silver platter.

There were some really bad offensive moments but this team needs to be able to win games where they score 38.

And people accuse me of disagreeing with everything and everyone......

CountryFrog

I agree, but the offense was anything but “good” for most of the game. I’d say the defense was good for about half, that’s all I’m saying, switch it around.
I didn't say the offense was good for most of the game. I said they were awful for half the game.

DeuceBoogieNights

Gary did say this one is one me, at his presser. Which is admirable. But means NOTHING.

How about since you are paid $6mm for 6 home games, and you just ruined that home game for all the fans there, how about you pay $1mm to the people who showed up for the abortion you delivered, Gary? It's only $25 for each of the 40k or so TCU fans there today, but hey, they earned it more than Gary.

Stop.

CryptoMiner

Accep the blame Gary, this was your handpicked offensive coordinatormaking the calls and designing the game plan

your new WR coach who can’t seem to teach our guys how to get separation and your defense that let those guys hang that many points on us
Embarrassing effort all the way around

are you trying to kill me? Don’t cut my life even shorter than it is

OC would be fine if Patterson would have stuck to the D.

Pattersons decision making today was questionable at best but his intrusion into the QBs has been a disaster.

Wexahu

I just don't understand how 38 points is AWFUL. It's not awful. The offense has plenty of issues but we scored less last week on the road and won handily.

We threw for 188 yards on 36 pass attempts (44% completion rate) and outside of Reagor’s reverse and Anderson’s 77 yard run (which was more an individual effort than anything) we averaged 3 yards per carry on 40 attempts. Against a pretty lame defense. Semantics I guess but that’s a poor effort that shows no consistency whatsoever.

CountryFrog

We threw for 188 yards on 36 pass attempts (44% completion rate) and outside of Reagor’s reverse and Anderson’s 77 yard run (which was more an individual effort than anything) we averaged 3 yards per carry on 40 attempts. Against a pretty lame defense. Semantics I guess but that’s a poor effort that shows no consistency whatsoever.
I'm not saying they were great. But 38 points should've been enough to win the game. And Darius is a part of our offense so I have no idea why we should evaluate the offense without his big run.

My main point is that for all the grief the offense is catching (some of it deserved) I think the defense was just as bad if not worse.

Mean Purple

It just seems like the offense has no identify. But since it is so predictable, it may be more of a very bad execution of the offense. But that is stuff that would have to be coached in the off season.

CountryFrog

Anyone saying our D gave up 41 points is ignoring the fact that our offense gift wrapped 10 of those points. Ball security amongst numerous other issues was AWFUL. Our D makes a goal line stand right on the one yard line, and our O urinates all over it.
So do you think the defense giving up 31 points at home and over 400 yards is good?

y2kFrog

OC would be fine if Patterson would have stuck to the D.

Pattersons decision making today was questionable at best but his intrusion into the QBs has been a disaster.

Patterson had nothing to do with any of this. This was the same stupid stuff that has been going on for a long time now.

Wexahu

So do you think the defense giving up 31 points at home and over 400 yards is good?

SMU’s identity is their offense. They are a Sonny Dykes coach team for god sakes. They are gonna score on people. Getting 424 yards of offense when you are trying desperately to score for all 60 minutes and throwing for 188 yards and a 44% completion rate is BAD against a team like SMU.