• The KillerFrogs

Could we see Fuente back?

robbroyy

Fuentes steam has cooled off at Va Tech. Lost to Boston College and now down 14-3 to Furman.

Would love to have him back on staff next year if things don’t work out in Blacksburg

Who knows? We are one game into the season so at this point don't even know that Cumbie isn't going to be able to save his job. I don't follow Va Tech enough to know the details of what the issues are there but if our OC situation doesn't work out, I wouldn't be against it. We were something like 36-3 the three years he was the OC and went to two BCS bowls so he obviously did well. Different time and different competition but we could probably do a lot worse.

Putt4Purple

Why even think about a coach after GP now? What's the reason for this thought process? Enjoy GP now and worry about another TCU coach after he decides to retire! Hopefully another 10 years at least.

4th. down

Why oh why oh why?

His offense is "Gone with the Wind"

You want a hot ticket offense guy, go get Brady at LSU. LSU just hired him from the Saints for $400K, we get him for $600K and we would be stealing at that. Young and very innovative offensive guy - maybe another Riley in the womb. There passing attack cut the Horns up like fine cake before a dejected crowd of 108,000.

Eight

Why oh why oh why?

His offense is "Gone with the Wind"

You want a hot ticket offense guy, go get Brady at LSU. LSU just hired him from the Saints for $400K, we get him for $600K and we would be stealing at that. Young and very innovative offensive guy - maybe another Riley in the womb. There passing attack cut the Horns up like fine cake before a dejected crowd of 108,000.

the key to bringing someone like that in is you must let them implement what they want and don't interfere.

Eight

CGP is among the least likely head coach on this planet to interfere with the offense.

not just gary, but if you brought in someone to help sonny with the offense sonny has to be willing to go with the flow as well.

i will give emsminger great credit in letting brady basically take over a great deal of the lsu offense. that offense we say in austin last saturday didn't look like any offense i would link to steve.