• The KillerFrogs

ESPN take on TCU vs Purdue

SuperTFrog

I wonder if it is some algorithm where if you have an early bye week and only have one week of data it throws everything off. We went from an 8-4 team to a 4-8 team in one week. Sucks to be us. Looks like we’re not BACK.

asleep003

I wonder if it is some algorithm where if you have an early bye week and only have one week of data it throws everything off. We went from an 8-4 team to a 4-8 team in one week. Sucks to be us. Looks like we’re not BACK.

That's the Longhorns that's are back...

WhoDatFrog

Predictions must be made by 2014 CFP Committee (& Wexahu)!

Ron Swanson

I think it has more to do with our performance against Arkansas Pine Bluff and Arkansas Pine Bluff‘s value in ESPN’s ratings system. All they have to go off of for Arkansas Pine Bluff is how bad they were last year, which was one of the very worst teams in the country above the high school level.

If UAPB is as bad as ESPN’s FPI thinks they are, and we play the rest of the year like we did against UAPB, then we likely are in trouble this year.

Now, I don’t know much about UAPB’s 2019 offseason, but that did not look to me like a really really bad FCS team. Those guys had heart, seemed well-coached, and weren’t completely talentless. My guess is they made drastic improvements this season compared to last. I’m not saying we should be proud of our performance, but I don’t think they were the spineless patsy we were led to believe we were playing.

I have my reservations about our team this year (I have no idea if we are gonna be worst a ship), but I think the metrics of playing UAPB is why our ratings got so hammered to this point.

netty2424

QB position seems to be big players in these rankings/ratings. When you have a 5th year senior competing for a job with a true freshman, and neither are proven, you can expect your ranking/rating to be questionable.

Billy Clyde

I think it has more to do with our performance against Arkansas Pine Bluff and Arkansas Pine Bluff‘s value in ESPN’s ratings system. All they have to go off of for Arkansas Pine Bluff is how bad they were last year, which was one of the very worst teams in the country above the high school level.

If UAPB is as bad as ESPN’s FPI thinks they are, and we play the rest of the year like we did against UAPB, then we likely are in trouble this year.

Now, I don’t know much about UAPB’s 2019 offseason, but that did not look to me like a really really bad FCS team. Those guys had heart, seemed well-coached, and weren’t completely talentless. My guess is they made drastic improvements this season compared to last. I’m not saying we should be proud of our performance, but I don’t think they were the spineless patsy we were led to believe we were playing.

I have my reservations about our team this year (I have no idea if we are gonna be worst a ship), but I think the metrics of playing UAPB is why our ratings got so hammered to this point.

Blah blah blah blah analytics, rational blah blah blah. Come on man, they dissed us, they have to die!

GP's Step-Son

UAPB won 52-34 against a team they lost to 45-14 last year, early indications look like they are much improved versus last year.

Grasping at straws here.

Wexahu

No clue why people care or get worked up about things like this, it is absolutely meaningless. We are coming off a 7-6 season, don’t have a clear cut QB situation, and all anyone has to go by for this year is a listless performance against a SWAC team, I’m not sure you’d expect. We’ve got 11 or 12 more games to prove if we’re any good, that’s all that really matters. Who gives a [ Finebaum ] is somebody thinks we won’t win another game, it doesn’t matter.

ifrog

That’s what happens when you schedule teams like APBU the first game. However when we blow out Purdue we will get attention from the media. That is until we play SMU and Kansas and it will feel like two more bye weeks.