• The KillerFrogs

Jalen Hurts for Heisman....

TRF51

OU can win it all, they could have last year and the year before. They have superior players and way superior coaching, at least on offense. That said, they run their QB to much and I am not sure he will stay healthy all year.

UT also looked dominant yesterday. Going in I thought we were the second best team. I think we will end up the third or fourth best team. OSU looked Good Friday.

Wexahu

OU can win it all, they could have last year and the year before. They have superior players and way superior coaching, at least on offense. That said, they run their QB to much and I am not sure he will stay healthy all year.

UT also looked dominant yesterday. Going in I thought we were the second best team. I think we will end up the third or fourth best team. OSU looked Good Friday.

What Texas does best is they don’t get cute and beat themselves. They are physical, they go forward on offense and take the 4-5 yards gains (not a bunch of finesse east-west garbage), they convert on 3rd and short, and they don’t turn the ball over. Not as overwhelming as some teams but it’s effective.

4th. down

After watching that debacle against a well known powerhouse, 3rd. place would be a god-send. OU, if they wanted to, would have beaten APB in excess of a 100 pts. They would score on about every 4-5 offensive plays.

Realtorfrog

i like our chances!! Ou beats us in Norman but we take the game in Arlington. I didn’t see any other teams that we can’t and shouldn’t beat. We can slow down their offense and can definitely score and move the ball on that defense.

McGregor's Goat

Man, it was a few days ago when a lot of TCU fans had convinced themselves that OU's offense would take a step back and TCU's revamped offense was going to take a big step forward. Good times.

I still think TCU has a chance to have a good season (with someone other than Delton at QB), but we are a long way from being a threat to OU.

Gringo1873

What Texas does best is they don’t get cute and beat themselves. They are physical, they go forward on offense and take the 4-5 yards gains (not a bunch of finesse east-west garbage), they convert on 3rd and short, and they don’t turn the ball over. Not as overwhelming as some teams but it’s effective.

I watched their game and I think this is a very accurate assessment.

flyfishingfrog

What I learned from the OU - Houston game is that the people who said Hurts wasn’t for real are wrong, at least when he is surrounded by big and fast teammates - he is pretty darn good and we would take that in a New York minute

And that our staffs ability to evaluate QB recruits is definitely sub-par because in addition to the misses we have brought in for our system, D’eriq King is a better QB on the field than anyone we have had on campus in the Cumbie era to date

Horny4TCU

i like our chances!! Ou beats us in Norman but we take the game in Arlington. I didn’t see any other teams that we can’t and shouldn’t beat. We can slow down their offense and can definitely score and move the ball on that defense.
I'm not confident in our scoring ability. We had to take Field Goals against UAPB. Field Goals against U... A... P... B...

ticketfrog123

What I learned from the OU - Houston game is that the people who said Hurts wasn’t for real are wrong, at least when he is surrounded by big and fast teammates - he is pretty darn good and we would take that in a New York minute

And that our staffs ability to evaluate QB recruits is definitely sub-par because in addition to the misses we have brought in for our system, D’eriq King is a better QB on the field than anyone we have had on campus in the Cumbie era to date

King had a horrible game and missed at least 7 deep balls.

He has always struggled against decent competition, but lights up lower-tier G5 teams.

He’s not better than most of our QBs in 2019. I would take Collins and Hill over him.