• The KillerFrogs

The Monitor: Edinburg Vela’s Bailey signs with TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TYLER-BAILEY-2.jpg

The Monitor: Edinburg Vela’s Bailey signs with TCU

Henry Miller

The weight on Tyler Bailey’s shoulders no longer crushes the 6-foot-5, 260-pound recent graduate from Edinburg Vela.

Signing days have a tendency to lighten the load.

Texas Christian University will probably start adding weight back to that frame — but not on the shoulders — now that the former SaberCats star offensive lineman has signed his National Letter of Intent to play for the Horned Frogs.

“I think I matured pretty quickly through this recruiting process,” said Bailey, who had offers from Missouri, Oregon, Texas Tech and USC, among others. “I had to.”

Read more at https://www.themonitor.com/2019/06/28/edinburg-velas-bailey-signs-tcu/

Limp Lizard

Calls him a recent grad, though. Does that make him a 2019?
It did say "signed" and not "committed" and "graduated", so, yeah sure looks that way.

But 247 says "committed" and "2020", so what is the story here? Just bad journalism on someone's part? Sudden unexpected early graduation and thus signing?

Leap Frog

The article talks about a "Landry" from Mission, Texas-- any relation to Tom, he was from there ?
Thanks for posting this, sounds like Frogs got a good one-- he's going to be huge.

Last edited: