• The KillerFrogs

Well my friends

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Saw this on my Facebook feed and thought you'd enjoy a trip down memory lane.

This is how the campus looked when many of us first became Frogs:

campuscolor69.jpg

Life was simpler, parking more plentiful, and we all had more hair.

Wes, we've had our share of disagreements along the way, but you were always fair and courteous in our dealings (even when I wasn't).

Through Killerfrogs, you have enriched the lives of countless people, if for no other reason than to provide a place for us to goof off when we should be working. And, you've given retired farts something to do with our abundance of free time.

As all the testimonials have shown, you are--and will always be--an integral part of the TCU community.

You continue to be in my prayers.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Wes- my heart aches at this news. As I've stated before, your NEGU attitude and optimism during this incomprehensible trial is beyond inspiring.

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since goofy, immature, naive, and ignorant senior in high school 'maniac discovered killerfrogs looking to promote my Crank Dat Horned Frog video I had just finished making. I had always been desperate for a place to talk about TCU sports with other diehards, and had no idea a TCU message board even existed. I joined killerfrogs before I had even officially decided that I would be attending TCU.

You and Scott welcomed my annoying ass with open arms and showed me endless grace as I literally grew up right before your eyes. I apologize for all of my extremely bad takes and all the headaches I likely caused you. It's been a pleasure getting to know you through this board and in person. As others have already stated, you are one of the good guys this world needs more of.

I hope and pray there are still many good days ahead for you, but when your time comes, as it will for all of us one day, there will be a gaping void left in the TCU community that will never be filled. I hope to play a small part in carrying on the torch of TCU passion for our next generations of Frogs to come. Love you, brother. Go Frogs and Fight 'em on the Ice! #NEGU

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Saw this on my Facebook feed and thought you'd enjoy a trip down memory lane.

This is how the campus looked when many of us first became Frogs:

campuscolor69.jpg

Life was simpler, parking more plentiful, and we all had more hair.

You continue to be in my prayers.

I think I see my old Dodge parked behind Pete Wright! And look at the original baseball field with the big wall in center field.

don

Sorry to read this update. You have taken the #NEGU journey and set an example for all.

I have been thinking how much I appreciate you letting me tag along on that long road trip to Lincoln and hang out at the Beau Rivage for the Liberty Bowl. Lot of fun times at the KFC suite in Lupton or especially the night at DMC on the front row when all the showgirls kept coming over and autographing our posters during the game.

Last edited:

kodiak

Your grace and dignity are an inspirational example. May the sheltering wings of angels provide comfort. May the brightness of the Word light your path.

NavyFrog

I am so sorry to hear this news. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything Mrs. Navy or I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. NEGU my friend.

MoneyFrog

Wes...you are in my thoughts. Every time i have had the pleasure of meeting you at a game or event in the past, i've always come away from our interaction thinking how great of a guy you are. you always positively impacted me. that's never changed over the years. stay strong friend.

Chongo94

Wes, you and your wife showed me incredible kindness and friendship. You helped make me feel closer to TCU and better understand the true nature of Horned Frog alumni and fans. I have been and will forever be appreciative to y’all.

If you need anything, do not hesitate to call on any of us, as we will most assuredly be there. Keep fighting!

TCURiggs

Absolutely hate to hear this, Wes. As many others have said, you've always impressed me with the way you seem to handle everything in life. You're a great man.

Hang in there, brother, and make em count! Much love!

Tumbleweed

We've never met but we have talked. You had just lost your son and I had just lost my daughter to primary brain blastoma. She fought it for a little over three years. Both of us Wes, were asking what all parents ask, why-why? We would gladly take their place just... spare them.
Now the unspeakable, the father of the lost son is losing to the most deadly brain blastoma cancer known. That hill he has been climbing is straight up and hardly anything to grab hold of for dignity, positive thought, and energy.
Please know you will sorely missed and your creative wit lost. I hope our souls meet one day and we will talk TCU for ever. Bless you sir..bless you..