• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Oral Roberts Game Thread

Waccy Frog

Samuel, Archie and Davis will be beasts. This was their second game! Nembhardt is also very strong, as are Noi and Mayan. Alok, Bane and Fisher still have two years....holy cow. Hopefully Robinson and Miller can help them gel this year and enjoy the returns immediately. They deserve it!

froggolf65

Will be interesting to see this team in about a month as we figure out rotations and add Fisher Noi and Mayan. Going to be tough to get everyone their minutes.

Unbelievable to type that from where we were a few years ago.

Rose Bowl

You guys do know Nembhard was in the top 10 in scoring as a senior at Keller. He took them to the final four at freaking Keller, who have never been anything in hoops. Part of the problem is he’s never been asked to play point and he’s having a hard transition but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
You guys do know Nembhard was in the top 10 in scoring as a senior at Keller. He took them to the final four at freaking Keller, who have never been anything in hoops. Part of the problem is he’s never been asked to play point and he’s having a hard transition but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player.

He's going to be fine once he/they figure out his role. He had a fantastic assist tonight, I am very optimistic about his future.

Moose Stuff

Nobody said he wasn’t a good player.

netty2424

No one said he wasn’t a good player. We were trying to work through why he’s slow to start, and I believe My opinion was that he is somewhat ‘out of position’ at this point, along with coming off some rust due to knee last year.

And to be clear, not saying he won’t be a good point if that’s where he ends up, which I don’t think he will, but he likes to slash and he likes to shoot. Pass first role is new.

EDIT Moose beat me to it.

Rose Bowl

RJ has always been a scorer, more of a slasher than a sniper. His shot looks so much better this year and you can see he is thinking too much but the athleticism is there. As for Davis, all you had to do was look at his tape to see the kind of player he was. He’s a leader who has always made those around him better.

Eight

my high school coach would always yell to "play fast but don't rush" which didn't always make sense during a game, but i can see it at times with rj.

defensively in the first two games he has rushed out and gotten himself caught in no man's land which is simply a matter of him trusting his physical ability and doing what he is taught instead of getting out of control.

archie really has shown great presence defensively on the wing and i think both he and rj are going to grow into very good perimeter defenders which was something lacking at times last year

offensively they both are feeling their way. archie looks like a guy who last year could basically get a shot any time he wanted and was often one of the bigger guys on the floor. now that has changed and he has to adjust a bit. both will be able to drive, heck davis at 5'10" showed the ability to go inside, but they have to make that adjustment to the bigger bodies and the better athletes they are facing

Dogfrog

Think we’re ok for now with Davis at point. He might lead the team in floor burns and clutch FT’s. Also would not mind KD in regular rotation with Fisher at point. Leave ARob at 2 and let him drive/score/dish from there. Nembhard needs to successfully transition from practice tee to the course. And he will.

Last edited: