• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Patterson fires back at analyst for ‘roster of rejects’ dig at Frogs

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Patterson fires back at analyst for ‘roster of rejects’ dig at Frogs

BY PETER DAWSON
pdawson@star-telegram.com

TCU did not play well enough to beat Ohio State at AT&T Stadium in Arlington last Saturday night.

But on Tuesday, as the Horned Frogs prepared to travel to Austin for a Saturday afternoon showdown with the Texas Longhorns and Tom Herman, one CBS Sports college football writer Barton Simmons attempted to give head coach Gary Patterson’s team a backhanded compliment in his latest article, labeling the Frogs a “roster of rejects.”

Simmons’ premise was that Patterson recruits players who are typically rated lower than those signed by competing programs, at least according to the various recruiting websites and scouts.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article218699805.html

flyfishingfrog

Wait - what was that I just read from Peter Dawson? Is that supposed to be an article? A stream of consciousness? Half a conversation? Or was he typing while in the bathroom and got finished doing his business, so he just ended the effort and hit send?

Where is the actual story? What did the writer add?

Does everyone at the startlegram suck at their job?

Horny4TCU

giphy.gif

Bob Sugar

Wait - what was that I just read from Peter Dawson? Is that supposed to be an article? A stream of consciousness? Half a conversation? Or was he typing while in the bathroom and got finished doing his business, so he just ended the effort and hit send?

Where is the actual story? What did the writer add?

Does everyone at the startlegram suck at their job?
Most "journalism" in 2018:
- Something happened somewhere
- here are 5 tweets from random people who disagree/are offended
- here are 5 tweets from random people who agree/ are not offended
- the end.

Limey Frog

I think Barton Simmons may have done us a favor.

Glad to have something to emotionally motive after what must have been a deflating end to their gargantuan effort on Saturday. I think this game will set the tone for our season. I we can replicate Saturday's level of play minus the handful of mistakes then this team is good enough to be 11-1 come December. A sloppy hangover game on Saturday and we're suddenly well behind the eight-ball.

Tumbleweed

Think the fans are worried about this teams emotion after the Ohio State contest.
From what I hear, Nothing, nothing could be further from the truth. This team is ready to play texas and you'll see the intensity right off. Man, these kids know one another from high school, playoffs, recruiting trail and so forth and our guys would love to smash them and I think they will. Too much pride on this team to let texas win this one.

Mean Purple

Most "journalism" in 2018:
- Something happened somewhere
- here are 5 tweets from random people who disagree/are offended
- here are 5 tweets from random people who agree/ are not offended
- the end.
You forgot the part about citing an article as a source, but that article really cites another source.

If you asked half the younger reporters about the inverted pyramid writing model, they would be confused.