• The KillerFrogs

OT - I need black boots.

FrogFrog

Red Wings Pecos style- They will feel like slippers in a month.
Ballpark on custom boots from Leddys. Not exotic

It’s been a few years
Ballpark on custom boots from Leddys. Not exotic

I want to say my smooth ostrich skin were $1200ish. The full quill were over $2k. That was 5 or so years ago, so the prices may have increased.

You pay half when you order and the other half when they are ready (12 months+).

[edit -- i have no idea where there are so many quotes in this post, but I'll leave it....]

OICU812

I dont wear cowboy boots but i love the classic series of Red Wing and Wolverine.

Never knew Wolverine to work with a partner, but that's a cool name, at least. What's his superpower?

EDIT: I'm imagining the answer is, "Super-fast at digging post-holes."

FrogFrog

boots.jpg
Here are my 3 boots. Lucchesse, Leddy's (smooth ostrich) and Leddy's (full quill). I think the prices were $750, $1200ish, and $2kish.

FrogFrog

Couldn't afford gator, huh?

(Sarcasm)

There's a long list of boots in that place I couldn't afford.

The guys said Ostrich is one of the softest leathers and also one of the toughest leathers. Safe bet.

He did tell a story about a dude dropping a boatload on some exotic but soft leather (against Leddy's warnings). The first day he wore them he kicked the underside of his desk and cut them.

Zubaz

View attachment 4135
Here are my 3 boots. Lucchesse, Leddy's (smooth ostrich) and Leddy's (full quill). I think the prices were $750, $1200ish, and $2kish.
$4,000 on three pairs of shoes?
JR-John-Ross-Ewing-Dallas-Larry-Hagman-a.jpg

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
You know I'm looking at some of you funny for spending vacation money on coverings for your feet, right? Build lasting memories with that $... can't talk too much though, dad only wears cowboy boots.

Purp

There's a long list of boots in that place I couldn't afford.

The guys said Ostrich is one of the softest leathers and also one of the toughest leathers. Safe bet.

He did tell a story about a dude dropping a boatload on some exotic but soft leather (against Leddy's warnings). The first day he wore them he kicked the underside of his desk and cut them.
Reminds me of the song about new Tony Lamas.

Frog92

If you can wait 12 months or so, go to Leddy’s. My simple black French calf boots with TCU in purple on the uppers were “only” $800-ish five years ago, fully custom.

Now my wife’s full crocodiles are another story altogether......but they are magnificent, so there is that.....

Sand Frog

I just bought my 1st pair of big boy boots thru the Letterman's club. Went black lower with black upper full quill ostrich. this thread reminded me I need to try the mofos on. They just came in last week.

Zubaz

I bought my first (only) boots the first week I moved from the Northeast down to FW my Freshman year. I mean I was full on Billy Crystal City Slickers, I think I was even wearing a Mets hat. Went to the Stockyards, I think the place was (is?) called Finchers, undoubtedly overpaid....but I still have them and wear them regularly. Had to get them re-soled once, but other than that they are probably the second nicest pair of shoes I own, outside of my formal shoes.