• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

JimSwinkLives!

I like the matchup with Stanford. They are more one-dimensional in terms of scheme. Good? Absolutely. But they're not Oklahoma. They're more in common with K-State (again, not talking talent, but scheme in that they'd much prefer to load up and run over you and hit you with play action). It will be a straight up, physical street fight. And I think that favors us. Looking forward to beating the hell out of them and finishing in the top ten.

Endless Purple

Well, the Big 12 Championship game didn't hurt the regular season champion this year. It just took the 2nd place team out of a NY6 bowl. No way that Washington jumps the Frogs without it. Guess they never considered that. Good Job, Big 12
I wonder if the conference championship game is worth more or less than the payout for a second team in the Big 6 bowls?

Dogfrog

Well, the Big 12 Championship game didn't hurt the regular season champion this year. It just took the 2nd place team out of a NY6 bowl. No way that Washington jumps the Frogs without it. Guess they never considered that. Good Job, Big 12

They will trade a NY6 bowl for a playoff spot every time unfortunately for us.

Pharm Frog

The matchup is made by the CFP Committee without any input from the bowl at all. So what you’re alleging is that those 13 idiots are getting paid under the table or otherwise fraudulently influenced by Bowl reps with ties to the hospitality industry to rank and match up teams a certain way?

I think the CFP is full of blue blood bias and a bunch of morons, but this allegation is next level conspiracy.

I think the pro-blue blood bias exists. But it is naive to think that the Committee does not consider the bowls and their sponsors as primary stakeholders (which they are). Kirby said precisely this on the radio just a few minutes ago speaking glowingly about the Committees relationship with the Bowl Committees and how they consider many factors in their matchups including giving student-athletes a experience the hospitality of areas of the country they don’t usually see.

Nobody said Committee members were getting paid under the table but to think that the interests of the Bowls are considered stretches the boundary of reality. They have to consider these interests or their whole infrastructure collapses.

Pharm Frog

I don't understand people who keep bringing up how we played yesterday. Do you not realize that the only reason we even had a game yesterday was because of the success we had for the entire season? And that all those teams who passed us didn't play well enough throughout the season to even have an opportunity to play in a game yesterday? I don't know how this point is being missed so badly by so many.

Excellent point

FBallFan123

I get what you’re saying, but I think the big reason the Big 12champ game cost TCU so much was the game wasn’t competitive after half.

If the final score was more like the score at the half, I doubt TCU gets punished much for losing it.

Which is how many off us saw it before the game....a close loss may not hurt TCU much, a blowout would.

if even just a few plays go different (Hicks fumble and score, a couple OU holdings get called near end zone) maybe TCU is in a NY6.

And who knows, if TCU had played OU closer in the first game, maybe they aren’t punished as much.

Dogfrog

I'd trade a NY6 spot for a chance at an outright conference title every time. If the cost of that is a great matchup against another CCG runner up, so be it.

By they I mean the conference.

Should be win ccg and you’re in the playoff. I’m a broken record but really believe this is best for college football.

Moose Stuff

I don't understand people who keep bringing up how we played yesterday. Do you not realize that the only reason we even had a game yesterday was because of the success we had for the entire season? And that all those teams who passed us didn't play well enough throughout the season to even have an opportunity to play in a game yesterday? I don't know how this point is being missed so badly by so many.

I wrote yesterday that I didn’t think teams who lose conference championship games should fall behind teams who didn’t play in conference championship games (assuming they were ahead of them when the day started). But clearly the committee watched us play yesterday and concluded that Washington/Stanford/ND are all better than us and that’s all they really care about.

FrogCoach84

Big 12 dinged as usual because of what round robin schedule does to the records.

It's not this black and white but this year instead of
11-1
10-2
9-3
7-5
7-5
7-5
6-6
6-6

You could have

12-0
11-1
10-2
8-4
8-4
8-4
7-5
7-5

Totally changes the perceived strength of the conference

Four close losses would have completely changed where the Big 12 sat as well.

Texas vs Maryland and USC
Kansas State vs Vandy
Iowa State vs Iowa

Latest posts